Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Graphit, Organic - opinions

Old 02-16-2002, 06:32 AM
wildblueyawner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Graphit, Organic - opinions

Hi all,

I'm considering the electric version of the Graphit Full D-Box 3.45m, and the Organic 2.5m.

Anyone own or familiar with either? > would like your comments (especially regarding any negative aspects).
Old 02-18-2002, 05:23 PM
wjjones
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Organic

I bought the 2m Organic by FVK. I haven't assembled or flown it yet, but it's just about the most gorgeous glider I've seen! The carbon-kevlar construction is really amazing and certainly eye candy. I've heard others say that it is a fantastic flier as it's extremely light.

I have heard similar things about the FVK Graphite, which appears to be made the same way.

My only issue with both of these planes is that they are very expensive (around $500 for the Organic and the Graphite is hundreds more) and would be a royal pain to repair. However, the way it's built it is supposed to be a lot tougher than the average glider and stand up well to winching. I almost want to build the Organic and hang it on display. There will certainly be a higher pucker factor flying it than my Sig Riser.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:34 PM
wildblueyawner

wjjones,

Thx for your comments - Helps to confirm what I gathered from airplane-model.com concerning construction methods & matls of both planes.

Composites a "...royal pain to repair" > no doubt! But I like to think that flying an expensive or laboriously-built craft (as opposed to a $50 foamie) forces one to fly carefully / precisely; helps to hone flying skills.

BTW, airplane-model.com (Vlad's site) is mfr, FVK is distributor.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Ben Diss
My Feedback: (23)

Yep, Vlad makes them, FVK distributes them and Aero-Model.com and Nesail.com sell them in the US.

These are great airplanes. I own 2 Organics, 1 Organic E 2.5SP and one full D-Box Graphite 3.1M. It took about 1.5 years to finally get the 2.5M SP and I ended up buying it direct from Vlad. I paid a bunch in shipping to get it. It was not very economical but to me it was worth it. I love all these planes. I'm selling my NIB Psyko because I'm going to fly the Graphite this year.

-Ben