Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Zap a-dap-a Goo for holding servos??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Zap a-dap-a Goo for holding servos??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zap a-dap-a Goo for holding servos??

Where the servos go in fuse to balance in front of wing bulk head there is room for rails. But once in, and servos mounted it will be hard to remove the servo if replacement is needed. The front rail would have to be installed after servo is mounted to rear rail because of top of front fuse. Has any one used Zap a-dap-a Goo to hold the servos in, a small dab should do it, on the bottom and side and be easy to pull a servo out if need be. Glider is only a 2 meter so loading on the servo will be lite.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:28 PM
slopemeno
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Zap a-dap-a Goo foe holding servos??

Is that glue permanently flexible? Then yes. I've glued in quite a few servos with Goop/E-6000, and its a decent way to secure them.

The F3F racing guys seem to have gone to the "wrap with masking tape and glue in with 5-minute epoxy" school of thought, which is secure, and you can actually pop a servo loose, replace the gears, glue it back in iwth 5-minute epoxy, and be back flying that day.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:22 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Zap a-dap-a Goo foe holding servos??

I have the Goop also, it looks and smells like the Zap may be the same just repackaged?? Yes the Zap stays flexible. Thanks for the reply.