Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Windex 1200C

Old 02-26-2002, 08:29 AM
matlok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windex 1200C

Has anyone had any experience with the Windex 1200C designed by Nick Ziroli Sr.? (from the August 2001 Model Airplane News) I'm considering building one, and was wondering what to expect. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2002, 03:46 AM
SoarNeck

Default Windex 1200C

Super sailplane. One of the guys in the club built one, and even though his came out 10 oz overweight, the stock speed 400 hauls it up with authority. It regularly stays up for 20-25 mins with minimal lift help, and it sure looks great! I can try to post some pics if you're interested.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:46 AM
matlok

Default Windex photos

Sure! I'd love to see some pictures - the only ones I've seen are the ones from the construction article. Do you know if the guy in your club deviated from the plans any, or did he build it "straight"? (no pun intended) Thanks for the input!
Old 02-28-2002, 05:13 AM
SoarNeck

Default Windex 1200C

I don't know how much (or if) he deviated from the plans, but it has ailerons and a 'glassed fuselage. He flies it with the 1700mah Zagi pack too, which adds weight.

Go to http://www.cadvision.com/crcss/Images/ and look under "Dave's Windex" or something like that. I don't have time to make a page yet, but I'll get around to it sometime.

I can get you in touch with him if you decide to build one, but it's a neat little airplane.