Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

windstar glider

Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 PM
bannertow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windstar glider

I purchased a windstar glider at a swap meet with no motor or e.s.c..could someone please tell me what would be a good motor and speed controller and prop.Thank you,
Old 05-22-2008, 07:07 PM
glidagida

Default RE: windstar glider

Hi BT

The guys at my club are singing the praises of the KA22-20L which we sell for AUS$24.99 in your sort of application. I would suggest a folding 10 x 4.7 or 10 x 6 but some have been using up to an 11 x 4.7. Use a 2100-2200 3S 20C LiPo for power should give you enough thrust for a glider up to 1500g.

A good ESC combo would be the Dynam 30A for AUS$33.99 which is very good quality for the price.

The combo is a AUS$55 with free postage to the USA.

This special is not up on my website so you will have to pm me.

We charge you the right price for RC equipment and don't make our profit by charging exorbitant rates for postage like some other sites.

You can visit my website at www.rc-sailplane.com.au

Regards
GG
Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 PM
surferg

I have purchase a Windstar Sailplane which is installed with a type 540 brushless motor.

I have found all of the required items, 3 channel radio, servos, receiver, 6 cell 7.2 v /1500 mAh power pack, battery charger. I am having a problem finding the correct electric speed control for this sailplane. Can someone please advise what type of speed control to use and where I might find one.

Thank you,
Bill
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say a 25 amp esc from great planes will fill the bill, try their silver series controllers. If they have nothing in that range, go to the R/C car section and find a cheap 540 sized esc for cars, they usually draw more amps than a plane everwill, being that most planes are swinging lumber, not jumping and looking for power launches from a hairpin turn.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go, nicad/ nimh or lipo, and it won't break the bank in any way shape or form.
[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKBF4&P=0[/link]