Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

New Fleet (needing repairs) UPDATE W/PICS

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

New Fleet (needing repairs) UPDATE W/PICS

Old 07-10-2008, 11:07 AM
colmo-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Fleet (needing repairs) UPDATE W/PICS

Hey, dont take it wrong, I`m just saying it`s more work to repair somthing so badly damaged and the result will be weak and heavy because the wood is old and has been exposed. It`s better to make a new plane, probably even faster. And yes I am a true hobbyist
Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Samson4721

Nah I'm not taking it wrong, just really like repairing. I only plan on flying the gentle lady, 2 electras, sophisticated lady, and 2 engine powered trainers. The other planes I agree are just going to turn into bricks of glue and sticks. I don't question your hobbyism but I think a scrap it all attitude won't keep you in a hobby long is all.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Neet old stuff!
I saw a Goldberg Eagle in there, they were and are a fine plane. I flew one at our field someone brought out recently. It was nice to fly the plane I soloed on years ago. It is worth a rebuild. IMHO. It can be suprising how well some of those will rehab with a rebuild/recover. If you are not willing don't forget about any local newbys on a budget that would love to have one! Well, its tuff to loose family but your uncle sure left that stuff to the right guy. Even if its not fixable you at least will know the fun and enjoyment your uncle got from each of them.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Samson4721

yeah I thought the same ozmo. If I don't fix em I will hang them or something.