Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

CMPro Ventus- 2HX 2600mm

Old 04-21-2012, 01:09 AM
Bundubasher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CMPro Ventus- 2HX 2600mm

A few guys mentioned a very valid point in this thread - I was not aware of it either - the spoilers/airbrakes are actually in the wrong place - are located in front of the tailplane - when you deploy it, it will cause turbulent air over the tail, Thanksfor the heads up.

Cheers

Bundu
Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM
elbocky
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi..! I have the same glider.. which servos are you using?? I am still have to buy all electronics..but i dont know the torque i need for the servos..
please, let me know..tks.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After my crash and rebuild I went with these for everything.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/9gexidimeges.html

Do not use the air brakes. My actuator would stick, and keep them up in flight. I then built a servo mount for each air brake, still only caused the plane to stall.

She does like to fly a little on the fast side. Keep the speed up as you get close to the ground.

Buzz.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there,I used Eflite mini servos, just the little 9g analogue servos on the ailerons and elevator. I used a Turnigy metal gear servo on the pull pull rudder and it has been adequate. I have passed the plane onto a sloping friend, and he is still enjoying it and all servos still performing well. I must say that doing the dihedral modification turned this model into a delightful plane for a first time scale pilot. I have 4 other big scale sailplanes, but the Discus was really a fun to throw around type scalie and great value for money. Enjoy itRussell