Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

spirt 100 electric

Old 04-11-2009, 01:16 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: spirt 100 electric

Yeah, I know what your talking about, I should have looked at your location, I suffer with that too here in the NE. I remember adding about 10 ozs to my spirit back in '92 just so I could fly into the wing at hamonassett state beach, the sea breeze is a steady 20-25 mph at times here, whith gusts up in the 30's, so to add the weight is a good idea, I still fly at other sites inland, so I remove it for thermaling, one of my favorite sites is durham fair grounds, it's pretty sheltered with hills all around it, so the field generates some nice thermals on those fairly calm summer days. But now I live in mystic, so I'm jogging my head trying to think of large fields that I can go to, there are some old farm fields about 3 miles from my house, but I would have to go talk to the owners and see if they mind if I flew there.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Bobt2
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wife drags me to mystic every summer.i hear theres some good fields about 1/2 hr north of there
Old 04-12-2009, 02:58 AM
planebuilder66

Drags? well, I know where your coming from, tomorrow, I'm being dragged to a easter event with a uncle that is a little off, if you know what I mean! Mystic isn't that bad, I would say it's way better than bridgeport and new haven, but just north of me is salem ( flying club) and stonington. I'll look around, try to see if I can procure a flying site, maybe when you wife drags you to mystic, we can meet up and fly for a bit, if the ball and chain let's you loose for about an hour or two.
BTW-, I'm about 1 minute from down town, the draw bridge, margaritas, A-zoo, and other stuff in the center.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Bobt2

no, i actually like it there. but my wife is a shopper!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:06 AM
planebuilder66

Oh, got it!Yes, I see where that could be a problem, the last time I went down there for diner with friends it costed me about 150 bucks for the two of us at AZOO, then we went across the street and the misses decided she wanted some stuff, another 100 later and I just sat there saying, christ, that's another plane or 2 flightpacks. Oh, well, she's happy, and I get to go fly when I want!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Bobt2

well, i flew it today in 10-15 mph winds and i wish it were heavier! my reciever is in the ballast area so thats out. there was strong but spotty lift and i really skied out. i,m glad i had the flaps to get down but i could have used more weight to penetrate upwind better.