Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Lancair Slope Video

Old 02-14-2009, 12:35 AM
sticks-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lancair Slope Video

Check out my slope soaring solo flight. This was my first time sloping, so I decided to go big and make a 1/4 scale 12lb Lancair. This was at Point of the Mountain Utah. I have been flying a powered Lancair for years, but sloping was a new experience that I can't wait to do again. Other than the landing the flight went surprisingly well. Let me know what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPC030NJzAc
Old 02-14-2009, 01:57 AM
scaflock

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lancair Slope Video

Congrats on the slope solo Sticks! It's a bit different not having a motor isn't it? Good looking plane and looks like a nice slope you guys have there in Utah. I miss slope flying but at least I've got plenty of room here in Georgia for thermal flying. So what's going to be your next slope ship? Ya know you've got to have one for all types of conditions.

Jeff
Old 02-14-2009, 11:03 AM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Nice flight! Great speed.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:29 AM
jamesfpowers

I'm new to RCU and replying but have quite a bit of slope r/c experience. Some at Torry Pines in Southern CA. I saw two line of site incursions between r/c and hang glider. You might want to be more careful. I realize video point of view might have been totally different from r/c pilot point of view. Just trying to make sure r/c is still allowed in US when my planes are done. My two cents.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Jeff Thompson

Torrey Pines is one of the more contentious RC slope sites, with lots of mixed traffic. I wouldn't judge RC sloping by that. Besides, this was taken in Utah.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's cool, sticks! Fun to see something a little different flying around.