Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
 Help with motor/gear/prop choice >

Help with motor/gear/prop choice

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Help with motor/gear/prop choice

Old 04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with motor/gear/prop choice

Recently acquired 3M at swap meet, mfr unknown. Trying to figure out what combo to put in the nose. Have gone to several sites to see what the popular choices are for a hotliner type performance. Some outrunner, some inrunner with planetary gears.
Have experience with Omega 1.8M with BL inrunner and planetary - great performer.

Here is what I have:
115" WS (3-piece), ~46" bulkhead to tail, ~940 sq in, 41 oz empty, t-tail, f-glass fuse (no canopy), sheeted foam wings.
Had Mega FAI 10-SP w/ S-90, 2.4 gear, 16.5x15 prop. Magnets from the Mega all came loose in the can, don't know if that's worth repairing. Wanting brushless motor under the hood.

Suggestions for the power package?

Thanks,
docsparklin