Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
 easy glider pro aleiron servos >

easy glider pro aleiron servos

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

easy glider pro aleiron servos

Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easy glider pro aleiron servos

I need help here i just put my easy glider pro together and one of the servos for the aleiron is bad. I used the hitec 55 servo little blue ones and brand new. The proplem is i messed up here. I used plenty of thick ca to hold down the wing cut outs for servo installation. This is unfortunate its a brand new plan. Any suggestions on how to remove glued cut outs. Also the servo is only moving very little and wasnt able to correct with radio. So im thinking new servo before i can fly it. And its not binding its clear
Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 AM

Default RE: easy glider pro aleiron servos

Problem one is how to change servo in pro with out tearing up the plane that wasnt very smart I tell ya. My next question or problem two. I have a great planes siren with a carbon fuse. I use a spectrum radio. My question is will I need the new reciever for carbon fuse planes or will a regular spectrum reciever work. The new reciver spectrum came out with is exspensive like 200.00. So before I spend the money was wanting opinions on this reciever designed for carbon fuse.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:26 PM

If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the servo extension wire channel that is on the underside of each wing. If that is correct then I wouldn't try to cut it out. That cover not only hides the servo extension, but it provides the tunnel that houses the fiberglass wing spar.
If you try to remove it there is a chance you will damage or distort the tunnel and the wing might not fit correctly. I would just remove the bad servo and reconnect a new servo to the existing extension wire. You should be able to solder a small connector to the existing extension wire and plug the new servo into it. Keep your soldering iron as far from the elapor foam as you can - use a heat shield like a thin piece of plywood. You can either remove most of the new servo lead or you can wrap the excess servo lead into neat bundle and tape it or hot melt glue it to the underside of the wing - if you choose the latter, try to kep the bundle flat to the wing so it doesn't create too much drag. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:30 AM

yep thats what i did was just cut the lead and left the wing intact. Even tho i spot glued the connection of servo lead and extension lead. I gave it serval tuggs then was able to pull slack to access. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63376.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1190654  
Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 AM

so has any of you flyiers out there had a problem with lost reception in a carbon fuse? I have a great planes siren that I traded for and was wanting advice on a reguler spectrum reciever or there new product designed for carbon fuses. Which by the way is not cheap. But if it is a problem for the 2.4 ghz then Ill be coughing out the cost here. Just wonderingg if there was actual experince out there of problems

Name:	Yw68236.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1190655  
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The key to 2.4 GHz, any 2.4 GHz radio, and carbon fuse is you have to get the antenna outside the fuse. This is done by drilling a hole and sticking the antenna wires out the holes. The carbon fuse receivers have longer antenna leads to make this easier but you can do it with the originals.

How to make Spektrum work with an all carbon fuselage
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657685

These may be helpful.

cptsnoopy - Omega 1.8
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=24

Wind Junkie - Experiments with carbon fuse gliders
Excellent thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...56#post7257327
Old 05-05-2009, 05:16 AM

thanks aeajr that was a big help for me. Your alright. I noticed your always helpfull in alot of threads. Do you work for this site. When are you coming to Idaho will fly the deep snake river canyon there
Old 05-05-2009, 05:57 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't let the various trials and tech discussions that go on in some of those threads concern you. People like to experiment and try new things. But the basic approach looks like cats wiskers. If you had an AR7000 for example, you might put the base receiver on one side and stick the two antenna out that side so they are at about a60 to 90 degree angle to each other.

Now thake the remote and stick those out the other side.

Bingo, you have it.

It is no more complicated than that.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:55 PM

well those little blue hs55 hitec servos are junk in my opinion. although im sure they have there application. But for aleirons on the pro they didnt work. now that they have been replaced I have a flyable easy glider pro. with plenty of throw. On my first easy star i kept crashing it last year. and now i know more i didnt likw the action on the controls. When i took the red servos out that came with it i found that the elevator snake sleeve was froze up. so it got new control linkages. and ill be getting rid of those noisy red tiny s servos that i destroyed when i pried them out they were in there.think ill go fly my 2nd asy star before i go back to building today. anyway theres building and pratical building to get a good flyer. lot to learn in this hobby for sure. Aero-master in background

Name:	Ay75200.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1195052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94383.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1195053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91272.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1195054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic85210.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1195055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Co80313.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1195056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul80190.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1195057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Km98069.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1195058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ml39538.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1195059  

Old 05-09-2009, 01:04 PM

I used the 14gram metal gear servo from heads up rc. Its better built for sure and around 30.00 for two of them. I have a question I doubt ill be able to get my money back from the hs-55 blue servos beings how I glued them in and its been four months since I purchased them. These are the servos that were suggested however and even in a review in fly rc that is what they used. But it didnt work for me as you can see.