Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
 Please Advise - 'Radian & Radio' Not Connecting... >

Please Advise - 'Radian & Radio' Not Connecting...

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Please Advise - 'Radian & Radio' Not Connecting...

Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Advise - 'Radian & Radio' Not Connecting...

Looking for advice please...

I have had the Radian for a good while and have never had any problems until now. The problem is that the radio doesn't want to talk to the plane. When the battery is connected the servos twitch a little as usual, and the tones all sound normal, but when the radio is turned on, all the lights blink a lot then it fires up normal but with no response from the plane when the sticks are moved. I tried every combo of switch setting as well, no go...

I have another Radian from a previous crash that still has the motor, ESC and servos (no receiver though; fixed crash with new PnP) so I swapped out the ESC and still the problem was the same, swapped the motor, same thing. All my batteries are fine when checked on my Stryker so I don't think that is the problem.

I know this sounds dumb but I did drop the radio off the bed of my truck, but I flew two batteries worth of flights after the drop and it was fine. It was the next day after recharging that I started having problems.

Any ideas? Can the receiver go bad and how does that happen? I opened the radio and it is at least rattle free with no loose parts...

Thanks,
Invertor360 - Taos, New Mexico
Old 05-05-2009, 02:55 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Please Advise - 'Radian & Radio' Not Connecting...

Problem sounds like radio or receiver. I would try to rebind the receiver. If that does not work borrow or buy another receiver. If that does not work, the problem is in the radio. Contact support at Horizon hobby.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to agree with aeajr on this one. If the radio does not re bind to each other, you may have knocked something loose in the transmitter that you don't know about. A 3 or 4 foot drop is enough to knock something loose internally. Would check it then call for help. Horizon is really good with the tech service.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I would try rebinding, make sure throttle stick is all the way down/off.