Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Sailplane Calc Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:33 PM
CloudyIFR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sailplane Calc Update

Sailplane Calc Now Available in Metric!

It is my pleasure to announce that with the help of Jaap Braam that all of my spreadsheets are now available in metric!

There are different downloads, one for the metric version and one for the original decimal version.

The original “Sailplane Calc” and “V-Tail Calc” have been updated as there was an error in Spiral Stability calculation on the Tail Sizing Checks tab. Thanks to A. Todd Jurhs for finding this error.

Flying Wing Calc is now available for wings with multiple tapers!
This spreadsheet uses the late Dr. Panknin’s formulas for calculating the required wing twist for a non-plank airfoil, originally for only a single taper wing and now available for up to three different tapers.
Note: I have not built or flown a model with more than one taper using this new spreadsheet.

Thanks to RCSD for publishing a tutorial on how to use “Sailplane Calc” in the April 2008 Issue; a link is provided on the Articles/Files tab of my new website.

I now have a dedicated website for all my contributions to the modeling community.

Please visit the new website for the most current updates:
www.TailwindGliders.com

Curtis
Montana