Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Sig Samuri???

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
shaunrbell
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Samuri???

Built this winerong thing from a kit I purchased ages ago. Unfortunately there's never enough wind here to fly it. Anyone converted one to electric? Recommendations on power systems? Not a lot of room in the fuse...

Shaun

Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Mtntop

Default RE: Sig Samuri???

I personally wouldn't hack it up, especially since they are not made anymore. Sell it to someone who can use it and use the money for an electric. My 2 cents. Oh yeah..... Wingerons and Pitcherons ROCK!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 AM
glenglider

Go on Mtntop, buy the damn thing - you know you want to!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Mtntop

Of course I want to! But all my deals of late have gone south. I even tried getting rid of some of my Blingeron gear[X(] and that fell through!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Fxrs_tim

Take a small road trip! If you head over to the Vancouver area, there are several slopes that will definitely support flying a Sammy. A little south of Vancouver, you have Bellingham, WA, Whidbey Island, and several more sites w/ excellent slopes.

However, if I were you, I'd load up the car and head down to the Richland, WA area and hit Kiona, Eagle, or Chandler buttes. They have enough lift that if you get bored you can probably slope your car!