RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-gliders-sailplanes-slope-soaring-112/)
-   -   Northeast Sailplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-gliders-sailplanes-slope-soaring-112/10213581-northeast-sailplanes.html)

frothingslosh 12-23-2010 06:33 AM

Northeast Sailplanes

What the heck is up with Northeast Sailplanes???

Called their published website number about a dozen times . . . all I get is a message telling ME to leave a message and they'll call me back. So far, NO return calls.

Also sent 2 or 3 emails, also to which I received no reply.

If this is the way they handle all their customers, they'll soon be out of business (if they aren't already)..

Ranfred Radius 12-23-2010 04:17 PM

RE: Northeast Sailplanes

Just a little suggestion. Poke around here on RCU and over on RCgroups. You'll find plenty of info and advice about ordering(hope you haven't already) from NSP!;)

Randy

frothingslosh 12-24-2010 06:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Ranfred Radius

Just a little suggestion. Poke around here on RCU and over on RCgroups. You'll find plenty of info and advice about ordering(hope you haven't already) from NSP!;)

Randy

Randy -

Thanks for the prompt reply.

No, I haven't ordered from NSP . . . I wouldn't order from ANYONE that refuses to correspond with me (preferrably via phone). This happened to be concerning a planetary gear which I purchased from Sal. One of the planetary shafts broke, and I wanted to make arrangements for repair. Maybe Sailplanes USA can handle the repair.

Dick

BMatthews 12-24-2010 10:22 AM

If you look down the list of threads a short ways there's an NSP Feedback thread.  I'm keeping a pretty tight rein on the posts in it so that the thread doesn't become a feeding frenzy.  But the direct posts from folks with details of their transactions with NSP tell the story pretty well. 

aeajr 12-25-2010 08:43 PM

If they are not responsive, take your business elsewhere.

What are you looking to buy?

TexasThermalKing 12-27-2010 02:09 AM

Aeajr's advice matches my own. "Buyer Beware" is an old saying that still fits today, about business you do anywhere. "Is Northeast Sailplanes (NSP) still in business?' Is a question that has been ask by many across the web, and stands unanswered. I don't know. The fact that their website is still up and functioning is driving the confusion you read about. The facts are, my own calls and emails sent directly to NSP over the last thirty days, are all unanswered to date. I can't find anyone, anywhere across the many forums, that has talked to NSP directly in the last two months (DEC and NOV 2010) . I have carefully done the search to answer for myself, what is going on at NSP. I still don't know.

I'm not flaming any business or person, this is just what I know. Be careful. Always, call to check product availability, before ordering online. If you can't get any answers to your calls or emails, it may be best to shop elsewhere. There are other good sites, that like customer calls, about products they have- in stock- to sale. Have fun.