Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Someone please answer my post!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Someone please answer my post!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:32 AM
killakelz44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone please answer my post!!!!

i recently bought a t-rex 250 se for christmas. Everything seems to be set up fine with the execption of one thing....when ever ifire the heli up to bringto a hover the tail spins out of control as soon as the heli lifts off the ground. i have done my research, and everyone keeps saying to reverse the gyro.the t-rex came with an align gp780, but i installed a futabagy520 that i had on my tt raptor 50 (which hasnt been flown yet). the gy520was set on normal settings, so after reading afew articles i reversed the gyro. when ireversed it the heli pirrouttes more than on normal mode. soo i reversed it backto normal. i checked to see if everything is tight on the rudder, and it is. the other solution i have found is to make sure the tail is spinning in the right direction. as viewed from the left of the heli it spins counter clockwise. when viewed from the right of t he heli it spins clockwise. i just happend to check the actual direction it is supposed to be spinning, and it seems its supposed to be counter clockwise as viewed from the right of the heli. if my setup is wrong, how do i make the tail spin inthe right direction? i appreciate all replies and thank you all in advance!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 AM
ptb

Default RE: Someone please answer my post!!!!

Just rotate the belt, it is twisted in the boom, the wrong way.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 AM
dooleyje

First thing to check is to insure your tail rotor is turning the correct direction. The top of the blades should turn toward the back. It is common to have an extra twist in the belt. Next would be the blades are on backwards. When setting up the gyro and tail the tail servo must be absolutly centered mechanically with absolutly no trim and or sub trims. The instructions walk you through it. The other thing is that you must select the correct setting for the type of servo you are using. I really suggest that you get with someone in your area to help you and personally walk you through the process. Come to NC and I will getter-done for your.

Jim
HobbyTown USA
Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
killakelz44

thank you very much PTB and DOOLEYJE i appreciate your help! im at work at the moment, but as soon as i get home im going to take out the tail boom and check that belt! hopefully i could get it up in the air!!! ill come back on and post if it worked, jus give me a few hours.....thanks again!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
killakelz44

ok i got home and the rudder blades were spinning in the wrong direction. i fixed it and took it outside for a test run. as i started the heli up it remained stable...but as soon as the heli got off the ground the tail spun out of control again (actually just before takeoff...i just put it in the air anyway). once again i reversed the gyro thinking that was the problem... that just made matters worse. soo i reversed it back. the only thing i can think of is, the tail boom isnt exactly tight. i cant seem to get it to stay snug. normally when i look at the heli from the rear, the rudder blades are on a slight tilt to the right. i noticed when i try to straighten the boom its a bit more stable. other than this, i dont know what the problem is. can someone please help me?

ps

ive tried numerous times to find an expierienced heli pilot in my area. its extremely difficult to find anyone who knows anything about rc heli's. all the clubs just have plane pilots, and they say that they're heli pilots in the club, but very few. anytime i ask questions...no one knows anything. plus these soo called heli pilots that are in the clubs are pretty much non existent. im doing everything by myself and pretty much going by trial and error. this site and these forums are my bread n butter!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM
jmctague

you need to contact michael Pruitt at (raptortechnique.com} he'll know what to do. trust me Jerry McTague and let me know how it goes. ([email protected]) a friend
Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
jmctague

i've sent you a reply on the post need help. please send me a e-mail good luck;; regards Jerry McTague
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
B.T.D.T.

Is the servo arm moving in the correct direction when you move your rudder stick? You keep mentioning switching from norm to reverse. Is that on the radio or on the Gyro? These are 2 different functions. These are not toys and can cause serious damage if it hits you or anything. Better find a heli pilot to go over your heli.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
killakelz44

ORIGINAL: B.T.D.T.

Is the servo arm moving in the correct direction when you move your rudder stick? You keep mentioning switching from norm to reverse. Is that on the radio or on the Gyro? These are 2 different functions. These are not toys and can cause serious damage if it hits you or anything. Better find a heli pilot to go over your heli.

one i know they are not toys....(amost took off my finger one day), two i have a post already in the forums about my local rc clubs, u should check it out. it states that in my area i cant find any experienced heli pilots. i am currently in contact with michael pruitt thanks to jerry, and checking the servo direction is one of the steps he told me to go through. soo i should know what the prob is hopefully by weekend.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
B.T.D.T.

What part of Brooklyn do you live in? I have posted on your other thread about your local RC club ripoff. Sorry to hear that. The club I belong to is the only all Heli Club in Brooklyn. I guess you look in the wrong locations for help.

Your quote from the other thread
and u cant gaurantee that ill be getting help from experienced ppl at my disposal.
"at my disposal" is a bit harsh. People have other thing besides RC Heli's. You have to make plans with the other person to see when THEY are available to help you. No club will have a guy at your disposal anytime you want. I glad your getting your problems worked out.

The club I belong to is Seaview Rotary Wings. We are not a large club so by dropping by anytime you want, you will not see anyone there. PM me if you want more information about the club. Our website is down and going thru some changes