Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

new to helis

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 05:11 AM
thunder5005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to helis

i have an helimaxx axe cp3v, and well appreantly i am not that good at flying last time i tried to fly it like an month ago before the weather here in ohio got bad. well i kinda crashed it cause i cannot seem to get the trims set right on the remote. now safe to say i have to replace the whole main rotor head, which is gonna be like 30 bucks. i am waiting untill summer before i purchase it. but does anyone have any ideas on how i can get the trim set right so i can fly it this coming summer?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:43 AM
swashplate

Default RE: new to helis

Check out giggle search for finless helis and you should find some great setup videos relating to the trex 450 and it will help to understand proper setup. but basically you need to set all trim and subtrims(if any) to zero, and in idleup or 3D mode with the throttle at mid stick get the servo arms to 90 degree or horizontal and adjust the linkages by turning the ball link so the swashplate is level and the blades have zero pitch. Get it as close as you can that way and then if you need ad a little trim to make it perfect. set the gyro gain high so the tail wags, then dial it back so it stops wagging and leave it there. Good luck!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:22 PM
flyinbr

Default RE: new to helis

"giggle search" ?????

Is that the same thing as Google?