Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

were can i get a 2 stroke gas not nitro heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

were can i get a 2 stroke gas not nitro heli

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 PM
TCB 81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default were can i get a 2 stroke gas not nitro heli

Hi guys/girls I'm new to heli's but not new to rc's I've been running nitro 10th and 8th scale cars/trucks and 1/5th scale 2 stroke gas baja's for about 5years now and would like to give heli's a try I don't care much for electric and I hate nitro I don't even run my nitro cars anymore so I guess what I'm trying to say is I would like to buy a 2 stroke gas not nitro heli but I can't find anywhere that sells them was just woundering if you guys/girls might be able to give some links to where I can buy one and maybe give me a few recomendations to what you all think would be a good one to buy any help with this would be greatly apriciated thanks for your time and sry for the long post lol...
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 PM
rotordoc1

Default RE: were can i get a 2 stroke gas not nitro heli

Century is probably he leader in gasoline powered helicopters,

You will find a number of shops that specialize in bigger helis who sell them.

A good source is Heli-Proz South:

http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli/CEN_KITS.html
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 PM
TCB 81

Thank you very much that helps a lot. Ive searched and searched all over the net lol and couldn't find a gasser heli those preditors look pretty sweet I'm gonna look into them more and give them a call and check and see if they offer any ready to fly models if any of you guys know of any good ready to fly models out there if you can please let me know thank you....and thanks again doc for the link at least now I know there is someone that sells them lol
Old 03-30-2011, 05:29 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

http://www.bergenrc.com sells gasser helis as well.

You're not going to find too many gassers in RTF they just arent that popular
Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Mack66

One of the pilots at our club has a Century Radikal (G20?). It flies well and sounds cool. He only uses it for sport flying no 3D so can't comment much on performance. It obviously has more mass than our SDX's and Sceadu's and tends to fly smoother because of that, I think. He likes pulling in to the local Shell station to "fill er up".

He did have a crash due to a design flaw either a bearing or autorotation clutch don't remember which but can ask him if you think this is important. I believe Century has since found a solution to the problem so probably doesn't matter at this point.

I don't know of any RTF's either. Like Cuda says, they're not all that popular. But they look fun!

Mack
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

People have suggested the Century and the Bergen. I will give you another one, the Spectra G from Miniature Aircraft. I my opinion the nicest of the 3.

[link]http://miniatureaircraftusa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=66[/link]

Rafael
Old 03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
TCB 81

Wow yes that spectra is very nice also looked at the radikal I like it too.. just woundering when you buy these models that was mentioned above what else to you have to buy with them to make them fly I know I would need a radio but is everything else included but the radio such as servos and other elctronics might be a dumb ? But I've never put one of these together and don't know anyone that has lol so I really don't know what all is needed besides the kit to make them fly also I know with cars and trucks they have clones that are very close to the name brand stuff for a little more then half the cost of the name brands is there anything such as clones for these gasser helis as well? And again id like to thank you all for your help on helping me learn how to get into the hobby of heli's...
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

It depends. You're better off getting the radio/receiver combination and buying the servos separately, most of the servos that come with radios (ESPECIALLY the DS821's that come with the DX7 for example) wouldn't be up to the job for a nitro heli.

Then you need a gyro and a specialized tail rotor servo, that can be had in combos like the GY520 w/ BLS 241 or a 9254

Depending on the kit you may need to buy main blades, and a governor if you want one, and a reciever battery or lipo/regulator.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:46 PM
TCB 81

Thank you very much for the reply barracuda...I think I'm most interested in the century radikal I do like the spectra g but being new to helis I think that's just to big of a heli to get started with I think I might even be pushing my luck with getting started with the radikal but it seems to be the best choice for me as I don't want to go with electric or nitro so I think the century radikal g20 is probly gonna be my best bet since it is a bit smaller and probly cheaper to replace parts that I break from being inexperienced in flying a heli I think if I go smaller that means smaller parts and less exspensive to fix I might be wrong but if thats not true maybe at least it will be easier to handle as from what I can put together the radikal is a 50" wich makes it a little over 4ft and the spectra is a 90" which would almost double the radikal in size... I did call that south heliz place and they told me if I bought the radikal g20 carbon I would need to also buy atleast a 6ch radio and receiver, a reciever battery, 4 servos, a govener if I wanted one not sure if I want one or not lol maybe you guys can let me know if I should get one and why, and I would also need to get a gyro I think that's it I was hoping you guys could help me out on where the best place to get this stuff from and what is a good choice to buy when it comes to all those things again thank all of you for your help and sorry once again for the long post.... PS.also would like to here your thoughts on the radikal g20 carbon and if you think its a good choice once again thank you....
Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whatever you do, please do yourself a favor and find local help. I have seen many accident from inexperienced people. You are looking to start with the second largest category of rc helis. Gas helis are second to turbine helis. Gas helis have a lot of torque and power. Be really careful with them.

Here are a few links to get you started in the search for local help:
[link]http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx[/link]
[link]http://pilotlocator.net/home.php[/link]

Rafael
Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Mack66

Amen, Rafael. I agree big time. Do find a club and get connected. I'm pretty sure they'll help give you a good steer.

Mack
Old 04-03-2011, 10:34 PM
TCB 81

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

Whatever you do, please do yourself a favor and find local help. I have seen many accident from inexperienced people. You are looking to start with the second largest category of rc helis. Gas helis are second to turbine helis. Gas helis have a lot of torque and power. Be really careful with them.

Here are a few links to get you started in the search for local help:
[link]http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx[/link]
[link]http://pilotlocator.net/home.php[/link]

Rafael

Thank you very much for those links I was thinking of tring to find a few people that run helis around here so I can pick info from them lol. And were I'm at its pretty hard to find people that are into r/c anything lol so again thank you for the links I will be checking them out I'm sure you just helped me more then you think. Also no replys on the century radikal g20 carbon I'm pretty sure that's what I want to go with but would like to hear you guys/girls opinions on this heli if its a good flyer and a quality product.. and some heads up on what good products to by as far as a radio/rec,servos,gyro,govener for this heli any help would be great as I don't even know were to start lol
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you cannot find local help you can always find a good group of Radikal owners and flyers on the Century forums on HeliFreaks.

http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

There are many posts on Radikals there and they seem to be happy to help anyone who has a question.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:17 AM
TCB 81

ORIGINAL: rotor09

If you cannot find local help you can always find a good group of Radikal owners and flyers on the Century forums on HeliFreaks.

http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

There are many posts on Radikals there and they seem to be happy to help anyone who has a question.
thank you very much rotor for the link I'm sure those guys can help me a lot being as they run the century line now they have me looking at the radikal g30 instead of the g20 lol oh well I figure it out sooner or later on wich one to buy lol but again thank you all for your help