Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

tail wag

Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Dominic40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail wag

lHi all
My Raptor 30 has developed a tail wag. Just after take off the tail starts to wag from side to side and if I reduce the gain the wag becomes slower but the side to side movement becomes greater. If I increase the gain it wags faster and the wag is not so great! I have changed the servo and I have also shortend the horn but with no effect. I am using the CSM, 420sl gyro. I have also used a longer set of tail blades. Last night I took apart the tail and found the thrust bearing was stuck solid. after work I will try to fly it again and let you know the out come. But any advise would be welcome

thank you in advance. Your Dominic
Old 05-29-2011, 10:53 AM
hvhooch

Default RE: tail wag

Sounds like you may have found the problem.........if not check for alignment of the tail servo rod.and other tail rotor parts...... If all else checks out changethe GYRO........the GY48 Gyro is a good choice.....cheap and reliable.....

Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
markjohn177

Default RE: tail wag

agree its probably cause of the bearingm hope you come rightm

Happy flyingi