Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

wont power up...

Old 09-09-2011, 05:11 PM
hvhooch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont power up...

I have a Dynam 450 E-Razor........my problem is when I power up the Heli..the blade barely turns....then stops...does this everytime.....I checked my battery and motor..they are fine......Ithink that it is the speed controller.......I had replaced a few parts, not electrical..then powered it up..just fine....notice my pitch was a little off...after resetting pitch.........It would not power up...main rotor turns slightly then stops........ Anyone have any ideas......??????
Old 09-10-2011, 04:27 PM
dooleyje

Default RE: wont power up...

Pinion loose or motor turnng backwards?

Jim
Old 09-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Do you have another battery to try? Do the servo's respond normally? Does the ESC go through its normal initiation procedure? Has the heli been involved in a crash?

Mark
Old 09-11-2011, 06:01 AM
hvhooch

Yes I tried another battery and motor.....same results......no crash....I had replaced the belt and main shaft with main gears.....probably the ESC.....servos and everything else works fine.......
Old 09-11-2011, 06:04 AM
hvhooch

No....everything checks out.......It powered up just fine after replaceing some parts...........set pitch then tried to power up again and the moter just barely turns then stops.......
Old 09-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

You said you replaced the belt and some other parts...nothing is too tight (or binding) that it may be causing the ESC to shut off? Belt, main shaft not lining up with the main bearings? If you remove the pinion from the motor (no load on the motor) will the ESC power the motor w/o shutting off? Just some more ideas before considering a bad ESC.

Mark
Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 AM
swashplate

Sounds like either you have only two wires plugged into the motor or the low voltage cutoff is being activated because the battery is not charged? Possibly a loose solder join or electrical connector could drop the voltage as well. Possibly the motor wires are backward and the motor is fighting the one way bearing? Good luck!