Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Raptor 30v2 problems

Old 09-15-2011, 02:57 PM
DUHAWK49
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor 30v2 problems

I have a raptor 30 that I keep having problems with. First I've burned up 2 guide pulleys. The edge of the pulley gets shaved off. The other problem is that the tail jitters back and forth once off the ground. I've tried messing with the delay on the gyro but it doesn't seem to do much with it jittering back and forth. I have a futaba 401 with matching digital servo. The limit is set to Max, and I believe I have my futaba 7 transmitter set up right. I get a solid light when I turn the gyro on but sometimes after it runs for a bit I get a repeating 2 quick flashes. Any help would be appreciated. Its getting frustrating. . Thanks
Old 09-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Rafael23cc

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Raptor 30v2 problems

The guide pulley problem is belt tightness. Is either too tight or too loose.

There are several reasons why a helicopter's tail would wag.
1. giro gain settings.
2. Improperly tuned engine.
3. Too many vibrations.
4. improper tightness of tail belt.

Start by adjusting the belt, then make sure your engine is tuned properly, make sure that the vibrations are kept to a minimum, and last adjust the giro gain. DO NOT MESS with the delay of the giro. You will make the tail wag worse.

Rafael
Old 09-17-2011, 06:57 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts

Well this explains the metal pulley question, and the reason I asked why you felt you needed metal belt pulleys.

Here is what is happening, when you tighten the belt on the Raptor you MUST loosen the boom clamp where the horizontal fin is mounted and the boom goes through there.

Otherwise when you tighten it the boom supports will put a downward pressure on the boom because if the boom can't move in the clamp it will pivot downward a bit. This downward pull destroys the bottom lip of the pulleys and eventually the belt.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:28 AM
DUHAWK49

Roger that.. made sense when I thought about it. Once I replace the old ones and make a few adjustments I will post how it goes
Old 09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
DUHAWK49

Turns out I had a slight bend in my flybar and the paddles were a little out of whack as well. I put a few degrees of pitch in my tail blades at center. It flew excellent. Finally solved my tail jitter problem. Thanks for the help