Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

First Outdoor Heli

Old 10-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Nitroaddicted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Outdoor Heli

So, I've been flying a Blade mcx indoor heli for 3 years now, and I would say I've mastered it, so Im looking to step up. Any suggestions on a outdoor electric heli, ie size, brand, etc and tips?
Thanks.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:40 PM
helicub81

Default RE: First Outdoor Heli

Frankly, there be way more for you to learn if you get a "real rc heli" by that i'm referring to the stuff with single blades etc.... (not the msr 120sr)

If your looking at the bigger helis liek >450, i'd go with a trex/trex clone heli (probably not hobbyking) I've seen the larger blade helis and quite honestly they're not very good. They're relatively cheap though.

I"m surprised you didn't upgrade mcx after 3 years. I'd imagine that it would be rather boring... but thats just my opinion.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: First Outdoor Heli

check out the mcpx, if you want a nice little cp heli. it helps if you have a good remote, not the rtf one