Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Esky Pinion Vs EXI 450 gear

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Esky Pinion Vs EXI 450 gear

Old 10-30-2011, 09:30 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky Pinion Vs EXI 450 gear

A couple of years has passed since my first attempt at helis, however have decided to try again as a winter project. Have gotten a little tired of 3D planes for the moment.

Last week I purchased a 450 T-rex clone , the Value Hobby E450-Sport Heli Glass Fiber Version ARF(said to be the same as the HK450GT and EXI 450). After starting the assembly Ive come a across a problem, and also have a couple of questions that I hope you guys can help me with -

So you know what Im working with - Im pulling all electronics from my crashed Esky Belt-CP RTF( Esky 3800kv motor, Esky 25amp ESC, Esky Gyro, Esky TX/RX). Purchased 4 Tower-pro MG90S for cyclic and tail.

1) During assembly I noticed that the pinion on the Esky 3800KV motor does not meet the gear high enough. Would I be able to purchase a longer gear?....or would I have to replace the motor? I am trying to build this on a super budget, and would prefer to buy a pinion for a couple of bucks. If I replace the motor, that turns into replacing the motor, esc and purchasing a programming card. so about $5 vs $60.

2) Would I be able to use the TX and receiver that my Belt-CP used(Factory)? Im guessing no since the programming would have probably been set for the Belt-CP's configuration. Could someone please confirm this?

Hope you guys can help me get this going in a good way.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 PM
ro347

Default RE: Esky Pinion Vs EXI 450 gear

It would seem I might have found a solution to my TX/RX question. I currently use a Futaba 2.4ghz 7C for my planes. I always new they made the TX available for Helis too, but wasnt sure if the same TX could be used for both. After poking around on the net, it would seem that there is a way to be able to do so. Has anyone tried to get the Heli programing to come up a 7C which was sold as an "Air" system?

I would think if so, this would be a much better solution that using the original Esky TX/RX.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:36 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

yes i run my exi 450 on the 7c  the only diff between the heli and airplane model tx is the ratcheting left stick  you can go into the options and set models for airplane or heli in either model
Old 10-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Momerath

A kitchen is the main hub of a home, the source of all...
Old 11-03-2011, 05:16 PM
ro347

So found a solution. Replaced the pinion gear with a Rhino Gear pinion which is longer than the stock esky pinions. This might help someone at some point.

New problem...my motor is running backwards...and also just goes full throttle, no throttle control. Obviously this is my first true heli setup. All of the wires are connected properly.