Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

This is so addicting

Old 11-08-2011, 10:38 PM
dabigboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is so addicting

This weekend I finally go a chance to sneak out to the field and put up my JR Venture 30 that I got back in February....what a blast!!! I'm definitely still in the beginner phase, but even though I haven't flown in weeks, I did a bunch of fast forward flight and it felt great! In fact I think it was the highest and fastest I've flown yet. I believe I have hit another "level" in my learning experience....it's one of those times where after laying off for a while, you come back and everything has soaked in I guess. Even my nose-in hovering was rock solid. It actually felt completely natural, almost no different from tail-in hovers. All those times I forced myself to hover in a spot or move from place to place while nose-in are paying off now!!! I did have one hard "bounce" coming out of a forward descent.......the Webra 35 doesn't leave a lot of oomph for error!

Now one of the hardest things is to NOT push myself too fast.......I really felt like trying a loop or roll or something along those lines, but I'm trying to meter my progress and not rush too much. So far I haven't had to replace anything on the heli except the junky stock muffler and a couple of servos (got the heli used, it seems to have had very well-used servos or something). And no boom strikes, yay.

After a few more sessions of FFF I will be ready to switch to lighter paddles, maybe tweak my pitch/throttle curves a bit, and start doing some basic aerobatics. And eventually I will probably get a .50+ size engine for this bird, then get another (smaller) *true* .30-size heli for the Webra.

Matt (totally hooked)
Old 11-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: This is so addicting

It's awesome you are learning and having a blast!! Taking your time and not rushing things sure pays off in the long run and also helps the pocketbook!!! Good luck...kick butt on that first loop you try!!