Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
 Looking to buy cheap but decent 4ch i think >

Looking to buy cheap but decent 4ch i think

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Looking to buy cheap but decent 4ch i think

Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy cheap but decent 4ch i think

So Ihave had several rc helis in my past. mainly a couple of the cheesy 2 ch ones that you can never trim right. Right now I have one of the little 3 ch air hogs, bt the forward and reverse rotor is so damn small it doesnt really do anything but kill the battery quicker.

Today I scored an Estes apache 3.5? channel and cannot believe how fantastic the control is. basically convinced me to spend a little more to get a 4ch. I am pretty good at not crashing, but Ihave a small house and the new apache doesn't rotate fast enough to get me out of pinches all the time, hence the desire for a 4 channel.

I have seen many prices and I am pretty sure Iam willing to spend about a $100-125. Iwould need one that came with a remote. I dont have a lot of hobby shops around me so the most looking Ihave been able to do is at toy-r-us and online where Icant touch it before Ibuy it, which Idont want to do.

Basically my desire is some guidance as to which direction to go in. Here are my requests

size- not the super tiny ones, the apache Ihave is lik 220mm long and that is great. not much smaller please
length of flight is a big plus but Iknow for cheap i am not expecting much
durability- very important.
4ch and come with a remote.
something that i wont get bored with in 2 days and want something bigger

Thanks in advance
Jesse</p>
Old 12-02-2011, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Looking to buy cheap but decent 4ch i think

very cool! thats about where i am at...and my nickles worth of advice.....

i have seven 4ch helis getting better with them all the time
i also have several 3 and 3.5 ch too
the 6ch helis are still a bit twitchy in my hands, but not from a lack for trying, i put one in the grave, one on the injured reserve list waiting surgery and the screamer blue ray 450 pe that scares me still has its training gear on and just about worn off....haha
for the micro 4chs the nine eagles solo pro v2 ($50 - $70) is a winner, xheli has the xieda ($35 - $50) both at great prices
the twins are walkers hm4# very stable much bigger needs more space ($75 - $100) not sure if they are still in production
the UFLY is good but i am not a fan of that size of shaft tail drive but fun to fly otherwise
then i got some off brand micros that are pretty stable fun to fly indoors and at night due to IR connection with no wind
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83277.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1694504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84543.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1694505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jp32573.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1694506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr47890.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1694507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fr90798.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	1694508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wn85330.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1694509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ik90410.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1694510  
Old 12-03-2011, 02:41 PM

Default RE: Looking to buy cheap but decent 4ch i think

How about the blade msr. ( fix pitch) it's small But a blast to fly and very durable. Takes about 3-4 months to get bored off. If at all. Can smack that 4 chanl. heli into walls and it just comes up wanting more. Also will teach you great thumb control for future c.p helis if you decide to stay in the hobby...The blade msr and 120sr are very popular helis from e-flite for very good reason. I'm pretty sure you can pick this up for your budget rtf.  tx included ...check out some you tube videos on the blade Msr or the larger blade 120sr . see if its somthing to your likeing.