Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Trex 500 questions

Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 500 questions

Hello everyone!

I will start flying with Rc Heli soon (i have flown airplanes a lot, and know its not the same ), and have a few questions regarding Trex 500:

1)What is the diifference between trex 500E and Trex 500? (some also have models called ESP..).Please elaborate with any other variants out there and their pros and cons if any.

2) What is the payload of the Trex 500? How much extra weight can it carry and yet have a decent flight.

3) Many people have rc videos dedicated to hovering the trex 500... is it soo difficult to hover a trex 500 more or less in the same spot?

4) are there any facilities to have auto hovering mode in the Trex 500?

5) What kind of a spektrum radio will be better for an out of the box Trex 500 and a long range flight? (incl. simple Eagle tree FPV)

phew! thats a long list.. hoping for some answers!!

thanks and regards.
cosmogod
Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Trex 500 questions

Cant answer all of your questions...but will chime in on what I can answer.

ORIGINAL: cosmogod

Hello everyone!

I will start flying with Rc Heli soon (i have flown airplanes a lot, and know its not the same ), and have a few questions regarding Trex 500:

1)What is the diifference between trex 500E and Trex 500? (some also have models called ESP..).Please elaborate with any other variants out there and their pros and cons if any.
<span style="color: #ff0000">Dont know</span>

2) What is the payload of the Trex 500? How much extra weight can it carry and yet have a decent flight.
<span style="color: #ff0000">Dont know</span>

3) Many people have rc videos dedicated to hovering the trex 500... is it soo difficult to hover a trex 500 more or less in the same spot?
<span style="color: #ff0000">I find my 500 easier to hover than my 450. I think that it being a lot bigger than the 450 it is a bit easier to see and you can notice changes in direction easier. So I dont think that the 500 is harder to hover...actually my experience is the exact opposite.
</span>
4) are there any facilities to have auto hovering mode in the Trex 500?
<span style="color: #ff0000">Not real sure, but I know that there are ad-ons to any heli that makes them easier to hover. I dont recall the name of the hardware...but I do remember seeing people discuss this here at RCU.
</span>
5) What kind of a spektrum radio will be better for an out of the box Trex 500 and a long range flight? (incl. simple Eagle tree FPV)
<span style="color: #ff0000">You can get by with a DX6i for an electric heli like the 500. A DX7 would be even better...and a DX8 would even be better yet. Dont skimp on your radio as this is something you will hopefully have a very long time. If it were me, I wouldnt go with anything less than 7 channels...and if I were to buy again...Id go with the DX8. Again...the 6i or the 7 will do you fine though.

</span>phew! thats a long list.. hoping for some answers!!

thanks and regards.
cosmogod
Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 AM
My Feedback: (2)

the e means its electric n after 500 means nitro

what kind of weight? i have seen people pick up beer bottles with beer in them with 450 size but there again if your wanting to put like a cam onboard im sure you would have no problems. also there are hover helpers aka hands off units u can add that basically are what it says supposedly if u get into trouble u simply stop giving the radio commands and it will right itself and become stable like the fly mentor etc.
there are vids out there showing them in use. simply google  fly mentor then look for you tube postings and watch. there are also some that work when trying to learn 3d flight where the flymentor i believe only works aslong as the bird is upright and not upside down. google flight stabilization for rc helicopter and read away.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:18 PM

wow that was quite informative!!  ATV and morgan(nice signature) thanks a lot for your help . They answered all my questions !!