Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Revell Proto CX

Old 12-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revell Proto CX

I'm new to helicopters and while I like most things about the Proto CX, I seem to experience when flying, an out of sync gyro effect, especially when I'm turning hard or over correcting. Often the chopper will loose it's ability to fly and fall, sometimes it will correct itself and fly again. It's likes it's stalling. I'm wondering if this something that happens to all coaxial helicopters or is it just this one. Any input would be great. Also what's a good second helicopter to get?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 AM

Default RE: Revell Proto CX

I would go with a Nine Eagles Solo Pro. It is a 45 degree fly bar bird, making it very stable (compared to 90 dwegree fly bars). very tough bird, easy to repair, and fairly inexpensive to buy. Would be a vey good 4 ch. FP heli to progress to.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Default RE: Revell Proto CX

Thanks, I'll start looking into pricing and parts. I'll be ready for a larger bird pretty soon.

I found an article that explains what's happening to my proto cx when I'm banking a turn.

[link]http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/toilet-bowl-effect.html[/link]http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/toilet-bowl-effect.html