Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli upgrade Question

Old 12-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli upgrade Question

Hello everyone I wanted to put a post up and ask everyone's opinion on what they thought about what Heli I should get as an upgrade. I think I got over my head as I got really good with the Blade CX2 and decided to upgrade to the Blade SR. Well I found that it was not as easy as I thought it might be and well I have to replace alot of parts now I even was using the training balls.

So now I am thinking of getting the Blade mSR to see if that would be a better Heli to work on getting up to the SR that I have. Is this a good Idea? or should I just buy the parts to get the SR back up and running and keep at that one?

Thanks in advance and I hope I can get some feedback on what I should do.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Heli upgrade Question

That is a good question Josh.

I have the Blade mSR - it was my first RC heli. The mSR is a great little helicopter! It will kick your butt if you get behind it, but if you're good with the CX2, you'll be fine.

G.Barber
Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the reply so you think that the SR was alittle too big of a jump and the msr might be better then?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:22 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that jumping to a collective pitch heli from a coax is a large step for almost anyone.

I'm not saying it can't be done - I'm saying a collective pitch heli will be easier to fly after getting used to a fixed single rotor heli first.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Ok great thanks for the info...
Old 12-07-2011, 06:17 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 361 Likes on 290 Posts

There's no such thing as a "big jump" or a "trainer heli".

It's important to understand that most any helicopter can be set up mild or wild depending on control setup, paddle or flybar weight, blade choice etc.

Not everyone has the cash but starting with a 600 or 700 size is perfectly doable. The bigger they are the easier they are to fly. (Pucker factor aside)
Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 AM

Josh....Do yourself a huge favor and sell your blade sr......This is one of e-flite's big mistake heli's..Even the pro's dont like them. Its a huge money pit.  The tail motors go out often. The parts are expensive. The rtf model tx does not do it any justice. Check other forums and you will find this all to be very true. Sell it put that money towards an align 450 sport or pro. Will so be worth it for you in ther long run. Only a  small fraction of heli piliots have had love for the blade sr.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Thanks all for the advise as I actually went out and got the mSR and so far its flying like a champ as I am hovering all over the place lol.

Barbiedoll: thanks and I am not sure I would get much out of it as it needs alot of parts but for sure will look into Heli's you told me about. Will have fun practicing with this one and when I get the money for it I will try and look into getting one of the others LOL

Thanks again
Josh