Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

mcpx and 450 heli?

Old 12-12-2011, 01:42 PM
mrfourtysevenman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mcpx and 450 heli?

i got me an MCP X so that it could teach me a thing or two about setting up my mini titan. i REALLLLY want to do 3d on my mini titan but i crashed when i tried it.
i got the RTF mcpx and it does something interesting. in NORMALmode, the heli acts the same in IDLEUP, having the same throttle and pitch settings, only difference is that the motor will stop at negative to allow landing. this means that you can transition into STUNT from any position of the throttle stick (in NORMAL the heli actually gives negative pitch at a low throttle)

-I was wondering, can i make the pitch/throttle curve in NORMAL be the same for STUNT on my tt mini titan but have 0% power at 0% throttle
because normally thrasitioning into IDLEUP makes the titan pop up or down, really scaring me. im a good 3d pilot, but i just cant trust myself.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: mcpx and 450 heli?

if your titan is jumping up or down when you hit the idle up swtich, you need to go into your radio and check the pitch curve settings. they should be the same in both modes for the last 3 settings on a 5 point set up, so you don't get what is happening to you. and no, you can't have 0 pitch or throttle at low stick if your in idle up. that's what normal mode is for
Old 12-12-2011, 04:01 PM
mrfourtysevenman
My Feedback: (2)

i meant to say full negative pitch. i know what i meant.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mrfourtysevenman
-I was wondering, can i make the pitch/throttle curve in NORMAL be the same for STUNT on my tt mini titan but have 0% power at 0% throttle
because normally thrasitioning into IDLE UP makes the titan pop up or down, really scaring me. im a good 3d pilot, but i just cant trust myself.
I think I know what you are trying to say. And the answer is YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO! What nothinbetr2do tried to say is that from mid-stick up, your curves should be identical. From Mid-stick down the idle-up curve will of course be set-up to sustain inverted flight, but the normal curve will be set-up to give you 0% throttle at low stick. Which is the same thing I believe you are trying to do, but since you are not suing the same language, you are not understanding each other.

Edit: Be careful when programming full negative pitch when in Normal mode. The blades take some time to slow down enough and if you happen to drop the stick too fast, could cause damage to the helicopter. It is more frequent in larger machines, but still possible.

Rafael