Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
 For a beginner wanting to really get into RC Helis would you suggest... >

For a beginner wanting to really get into RC Helis would you suggest...

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Coaxial
50.00%
Single Rotor FP
50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

For a beginner wanting to really get into RC Helis would you suggest...

Old 12-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For a beginner wanting to really get into RC Helis would you suggest...

As a side note I have a budget of 200 tops and want indoor/outdoor that will take patience to learn to fly. Please state reasons and suggested starter Heli along with vote please!! THANKS!!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Default RE: For a beginner wanting to really get into RC Helis would you suggest...

A coax will ease your transition into fixed pitch and ccpm later. Eventhough many see it as way too limited, it will be much easier to hover than a fixed pitch. Avoiding the frustration that ensues when you can't control the cyclic. I'd recommend a Syma 031 coax,it's built like a tank and has a fair size for zero wind outdoor flight. Once you master and can make it go where you want it to, then the fixed pitch. It will make your learning curve a nice slope as opposed to a steep hill.

ORIGINAL: nateg417

As a side note I have a budget of 200 tops and want indoor/outdoor that will take patience to learn to fly. Please state reasons and suggested starter Heli along with vote please!! THANKS!!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:07 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: For a beginner wanting to really get into RC Helis would you suggest...

I just started about a month ago and I bought 2 Heli's. A Walkera CB180Z Pro (fixed pitch), and a Syma S032G (Coaxial). The CB180Z was around $230 and I didn't want to take a chance on any perminent damage so I bought the S032G for $37 off of Amazon. I got the S032G because if I crashed really hard and permently broke something $37is better than $230 butthe reality is that the S032Gis so redicuously easy to fly especially since the Tx it comes with has a "beginner" and "advanced" mode that I only crashed maybe 2 or 3 times and this thing is tough, never broke anything. I'm goiing to try the CB180Z this weekend now that I have about 30 or 40 flights on the S032G and I am pretty good with it in the "advanced" mode now. I originally got the FP because I didn't want to master a coaxial and then be limited by it, but then when I saw how cheap even the better coaxials were I figured it was a better way to start. My 10 yr old son is now flying the coaxial too, it is really very easy and very stable. The only other advise I have, as a beginner, is don't get anything too small i.e. under 10 inches long. 2 of my friends got smaller coaxials to start and they were a nightmare, even after getting pretty good on the S032G I still had problems flying their smaller heli's, and their smaller Heli's weren't any cheaper.The S032G is approx. 12 inches.