Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Whats Next?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Next?

What should I get next after I master the coaxial blade mcx2?

(Asking for future reference)</p>
Old 12-15-2011, 06:30 AM

Default RE: Whats Next?

Go for a Nine eagles Solo pro... It's a 4 channel fixed pitch micro - 45 degree fly bar heli that is easy to learn after a co-axial bird. Very tough, easy to repair, and fairly inexpensive. Good luck on which ever new heli you decide on!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:18 AM

what is the difference between a coaxial and fixed pitch?
thanks!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 AM

A co-axial heli has two sets of main rotor blades (one on top of the other). The blade sets rotate in opp[osition to eaxh other thus equalizing the torque of the motor. A fixed pitch heli has only one set of main rotor blades, and to counter act the torque from the motor, requires an additional set of rotor blades on the rear of the heli. Fp helis come in two flaors... $5 degree fly-bar set up, and 90 degree fly-bar set up. The 45 degree fly-bar is more stable ( and fogiving than a 90 degree, making it easier for a beginner to control.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:45 PM

thanks for explaining olefart. not really sure what my honeybee is? they are not flat across so they must be 45? is there a tool to reset the angle if it gets bumped off axis on a tip or soft strike. i am positive i will experience this eventually and probably ought to be prepared for it.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:47 AM

Not familiar with the HoneyBee, but it appears that it has a 90 degree fly-bar. Look at the heli from thee top... If the fly-bar and the main blades form a 90 degree angle (square) you will know. Also, the fly-bar should be in the same plane as the swash plate. You cannot adjust this angle, if the fly-bar is bent it should be replaced.Good luck!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:00 PM

thanks olefart... it is a 90. the reason i asked about a tool is that i saw in a post on here somewhere regarding somekind of tool that you mount to the flybar to adjust the angle of the paddles themselves. not sure what the reason for adjusting them would be, but that is why i asked.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:21 AM

Paddles have an effect on the flight. If they hae too much angle (either pos or neg pitch), the bird will fly different. They should be set almost flat (parallel with the swash cage. some small birds fly better with a very small amount of positie pitch on them.