Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

C O G

Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C O G

Should the COG (center of gravity) be at the main shaft of the rotor blades?
Thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 04:01 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: C O G

Yes, generally you want to turn the blades perpendicular to the tail and hold the helicopter by the blades. Depending on the style of the body, it may be hard to judge when it's level, so I go by the skids, they should hang level.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:07 PM

Thanks Jerry! I'm new at this game.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Your welcome! I'm not an expert at helicopters myself, so If I don't know the answer, I'll lead you to someone who does. But I don't mind sharing what I know with less experienced folks. I'm an experienced fixed wing guy, but I also like to dabble with helicopters now and then, so I've owned a couple helicopters and taught the basics to a few people. What kind of helicopter are you trying to balance?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 PM

A friend of mine gave me a e-sky honey bee king II brand new but in a million pieces with the aluminum complete upgrade kit. So I thought I would try to fly one. I have it together now except for tying up the servo wires and mounting the battery and reciever. All seems to work like new. I had some odd ball pieces missing but I found everything I needed on the net. It's 100% perfectly balanced now. I have got to center my servos and set the blades and I'm ready. Wish me luck