Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

ESKY Honeybee V3

Old 12-18-2011, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESKY Honeybee V3

I'm thinking about getting one with a training kit as my next step up from a Coaxial that I've been flying for awhile now. Seems like a good inexpensive helicopter after reading all the posts about the V2. What's everyone think about that?
Old 12-18-2011, 07:22 PM

Default RE: ESKY Honeybee V3

Better get the v4, It can be found cheaper. Last I checked, I could not find the V3 for less than $170. The V4 can be found for $140 in some places, but seems to be sold out right now (not a big surprise).

Edit: I assumed you were considering a Honey Bee KING, but you are talking about the non-king honey bee v3. Those can be had for around $100, I don't own one, but I think they are decent cheap helis when set up correctly. It will certainly teach you to hover and be cheap to crash.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:24 PM

Well I'm assuming the King is obviously bigger in size. And from what I understand the bigger one is the easier they are too fly.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:38 PM

The King is bigger in size, it has a brushless motor and a belt driven tail. The non-king has a brushed main motor, a brushed tail motor, a fixed pitch tail and a cheaper head.

I don't own the non-king, so I can't tell if it's harder to fly, but I assume they are about the same if you are only hovering around. The belt driven tail holds better, but is more difficult to repair and service, the brushless motors are more efficient and have more power.

E-Sky helicopters have a significant weakness, the radio system they come with is very barbaric and difficult to fly with, but if you already have a transmitter and a receiver to use, E-Sky can be an excellent training helicopter.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:48 PM

Although an upgrade in $ the Blade MsR looks like a very good micro heli and sounds easy to fly.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:55 PM

The msr gets good reviews, but it's a fixed pitch helicopter. Fixed pitch good for beginners, but you will out grow it pretty fast.