Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Walkera or Blade?

Old 12-21-2011, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera or Blade?

Hello everyone. I have an RC tank that I've had for a few years as well as the Real Flight simulator on my PC. Ihaven't done much with the simulator recently as life has been pretty busy. I'd like to find some time though to make the move over to a 4ch co-axial. I seem to do pretty good on the simulator so with some extra blades and other parts on hand, I think I am ready. When I looked at RC heli's before, I was tossing back and forth between the Walkera 400 and the Blade CX2 and I seem to be doing it again. I don't mind ordering my spare parts over the internet if I have to so that isn't really an issue for me. As long as I keep a good inventory, I should be OK. I am wondering though about how you would compare the two as well as the controllers as the controllers are also an integral part of the whole experience. Also, I like the military style so if I go the route fo the Blade or even any other heli you might recommend, I wil look to be changing out the chassis at some point for a military style heli.

Thanks everyone!

-Hawkes
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Walkera or Blade?

I would go with blade for a begineer, walkera's are touchy for starting. But if you want a cx2 make sure you have a large indoor space otherwise it is kind of pointless and can cause a lot of damage when you crash (you will, all do). I would actually suggest starting with the msr x. then go to an mcpx then scale trex 450 (for your military body). you can find military style fuselages for all of the above helis (googles your friend). a coaxial you will be bored within a month( depending on how well you develop). It is very easy to fly and can be very boring after a week. the msr will handle anything you throw at it. It is extremely durable.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Default RE: Walkera or Blade?

ORIGINAL: Savy92

I would go with blade for a begineer, walkera's are touchy for starting. But if you want a cx2 make sure you have a large indoor space otherwise it is kind of pointless and can cause a lot of damage when you crash (you will, all do). I would actually suggest starting with the msr x. then go to an mcpx then scale trex 450 (for your military body). you can find military style fuselages for all of the above helis (googles your friend). a coaxial you will be bored within a month( depending on how well you develop). It is very easy to fly and can be very boring after a week. the msr will handle anything you throw at it. It is extremely durable.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,+ 1.....word for word even .