Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Who 'Ya Gonna Trust?

Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
ems1016

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who 'Ya Gonna Trust?

First post. Just joined last week. Own an MCx2 and doing fine with it.

I am a U.S. citizen and just ordered from Hobby King. Shocked at the postage. I do some eBay and it never costs as much. Are there hidden charges? Are they reputable?

How does a newbie know where to go to buy supplies etc. Who's reputable and who's not? Ordered, for example, a dozen batteries from HK, now read in other forums that at least their December batch were no good.

HELP!

Ed
Old 01-20-2012, 10:45 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Who 'Ya Gonna Trust?

i have read forums that were on both sides of the fence about hk now i tried to order some batts about 6 months ago from them it said the cc was denied so then i tried same order with gf's card and got the same result. both accounts had more than enough money in em , low and behold we both recieved calls from banks saying we had suspicious activities on out accounts it was from them idiots they kept trying to process the card transactions we told em dont let it go through. i believe that if they had a better computer system they would have had the sale but its obvious theres troubles there so they can go get planked for all i care. i have also read that if you do get lame stuff from them good luck with the customer support . i deal more with hobbyparts than others and they are very fast and no questions asked for the most part. for instance i ordered a metal head and tail with cf blades from them for the b400 and it was there in 5 days as usual but it didnt have the blades in the package. i called waited the normal 20 - 30 minutes but the lady answered i gave her my order # told her everyting was there but the blades and all i heard was they will be shipped today any other problems . i have had to call them only 2 times but both times i called it was very fast and always, its being done now sir anything else we can help with . so with that being said and what i have read about hk i doubt hk will ever see my money and its to bad because their prices are insane. but there again you get what you pay for sometimes and i think alot of their stuff is junk .and  what is really weird is the usa warehouse they are getting more stuff in all the time  but why cant they send the  high end servos and gyros to usa? seems like they woulda  had them here by now . IMHO if people quit spending there and told them why you would probably see a whole new company evolve at some point where the customer does matter . GL
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I buy everything from heliproz.com........great customer service and never a problem. They are very knowledgeable  and always willing to give advice and help out.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a few stores that I use. the top three are
Heliproz.com
ronlund.com
readyheli.com

As far as trusting a company, my first step is to look at the "contact us" area. If I can find a phone number and an address (not a postal box). Then we are in good track. Then it is all about listening to other people's experience.

Rafael
Old 01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
junkyardflyer

I learned the hard way. I now will search bad reviews for any company Im ordering from. I had a similar credit card issue with Hobby king and when tried to get it straight they told me it would take 3 months to ship because of the Chinese new year even though I was ordering from a US warehouse. I then tried Tower Hobbies and have got nothing more than excellent speedy service every order. If you deal with the cheap Chinese based companies you get no warranty and absolutely no customer service.   Most of The US based sites like Tower, Horizon and others seem pretty reputable.  PS id definetly stay away from Banana Hobby 
Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 PM
drobin

I get my batteries from HK.They have a US warehouse. Shipping is reasonable and fairly quick. I also got a HK500 from the US warehouse. Free shipping but had to order servos, ect from China. But shipping was not bad. I also use Helidirect for repair parts. Reasonable all around. Just my input.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
ems1016

Drobin: I'm about 45 miles east of you near Utica. If HK has a USA warehouse, why so much on the postage. I just tried to contact their customer service, and there is none!!!! Phone rang for 14 times and then just hung up. Live chat was not responsive. At this point, I'm seriously thinking of rejecting the package if and when it ever arrives and telling my credit card company not to pay them.. Not getting good vibes from them at all, not at all.

I bought the Blade MCX2-finding batteries for this heli is like looking for moon rocks!!! HELP, SOMEONE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!! Ed (can you tell I'm frustrated? These 10-minutes flights are just not cutting it!)
Old 01-31-2012, 08:48 PM
LarryV

Its best to buy from your local hobby shop except for batterys and any item you don't need support for.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 PM
ems1016

I belong to several quite very different hobby groups which all have websites. When there are problems with a merchant, you get blacklisted or you get put on a "list" of questionable vendors. On this site, you're linked to these guys. I just don't get it. Who's guarding the hens here? Especially us newbie baby chicks? (lol)

Seriously, when you're a beginner in a hobby, you usually don't even know where to look and, oftentimes, not even what questions to ask. I'm off to a bad start, having located "Hobbytron" and then ordered a Syma 107 from some guy in Japan or China several weeks ago, who promptly charged my credit card. I have yet to receive the heli. For American members, please be advised that Regulation Z of the Consumer Credit Act affords credit card purchaser the right to offset his or her defense of non-payment as to the merchant against the credit card company as well. One of the great features of using a credit card. Works like a charm.

Ed
Old 02-01-2012, 06:26 PM
drobin

On the HK home page, there is a link for the USA warehouse.I've been dealing with them for a couple of years now and never had any problem.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:49 PM
kfrisbee

ORIGINAL: LarryV

Its best to buy from your local hobby shop except for batterys and any item you don't need support for.

I'm with LarryV.

Yeah sometimes things are a bit more expensive but you get support and someone to talk to about the hobby/upgrades/technical/etc... To me, it's totally worth it!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:00 PM
ems1016

Sent a "where is my merchandise" e-mail to HK and no response. I'm crossing them off the list.