Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

please help with drift and aileron settings!

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

please help with drift and aileron settings!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 PM
slawrence1231

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with drift and aileron settings!

hello, and please help me i just puchased a kds 450sv and on take off i drift hard left. i know this is because of ground effect and the tail rotor but i have to apply alot of right aileron i mean alot, i get up about a foot and it still wanders and wants to go left. is it true that what i am experincing goes away above 3 feet? also could it be in the aileron adj in the transmitter, also if any one has thier settings for thier transmitter i would like to compare mine to yours (mine is set from factory....rtf....not to sure about that), thank you. i am haveing a great time with learning this new addiction and want to fully understand
Old 02-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: please help with drift and aileron settings!

You need to do some homework on helicopter settings. If the drift is that severe, it will not go away as you get higher. Eyeball the swashplate and make sure that it is level when the cyclic stick is centered. It should remain level as you move the collective pitch. If it tilts in any direction, the helicopter will drift in that direction. Before yuo do any adjusting, make sure your trims and sub-trims are set to zero (0). Then re-adjust from there. Adjust the links that go from the servos to the swashplate to make it level.

I am not familiar with your specific helicopter, and you do not mention the radio you own, so I can't comment on possible solutions. DO NOT just copy somebodyelses programming. Servos of different brands move in different directions and different distances and could cause a crash.

Rafael
Old 02-09-2012, 01:38 PM
slawrence1231

ok so i set all my swash plate servo arms 90 deg. (flat with ground) and the swash plate is leaning to the left, could this be the problem? if i understand correctly that is how you check the swash plate..... please help
Old 02-09-2012, 01:43 PM
slawrence1231

thank you i just saw your reply rafael23cc, it is the kds-7xII, and i understand what u mean on dont copy the settings, and again i am just trying to educate myself.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: slawrence1231

ok so i set all my swash plate servo arms 90 deg. (flat with ground) and the swash plate is leaning to the left, could this be the problem? if i understand correctly that is how you check the swash plate..... please help

The servo arms should be 90 degrees to the link rod, when the servos are centered. It does not matter if they are flat to the ground or not. If the swashplate is tilting at this location, then adjust the links until it is not tilting. Make sure you check front to back and side to side.

Rafael