Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

flybar vs. flybarless for the novice

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

flybar vs. flybarless for the novice

Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 PM
mstecker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flybar vs. flybarless for the novice

I do not have a RC helicopter, but do have the Clearview flight simulator. Using it I found quite a difference in flying the different helis. I crash frequently with collective pitch models, but do OK with coaxials and the fixed pitch 45-degree Blade SR120. Unfortunately the simulator does not have the new flybarless 3-axis gyro models like the Walkera V200D02. So I wonder how much more difficult it is to fly the Walkera than the Blade. I would think that the 3-axis gyro would probably be of great help, but being a novice seek the advice of others.

By the way, I do not think the simulator for airplanes is perfect. I have far less trouble in flying the real ones than those on the simulator.

Mike
Old 02-16-2012, 03:29 AM
TJ Victor

Default RE: flybar vs. flybarless for the novice

Hi Mike,the difference isn't so much,don't worry about it,fly simulator better first.I also just leared to fly
Old 02-16-2012, 05:55 AM
kfrisbee

I have the Blade 120 SR and the Blade mSRX. The 120 SR is very easy to fly forward, backward, banked turns, etc... The mSRX is much more difficult to fly, it took me 2 weeks just to figure out how to do a slow turn in a small area and I am still not that great at it after 3 weeks. BUT!!! The mSRX is a whole lot more fun to fly as it is not boring at all!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Jorge Obama

I think there is still some difference between to flying the FBL and FB,it depend on personal's interests