Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

RC Motor help

Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Arich0908

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Motor help

Hi ,
So this may sound odd . I have a mill im converting to CNC. Its a smaller benchtop ive owned for some years now.
So to the point.
I am changing my motor on my mill again. I will be using a Heli RC motor .
The link to the motor I bought.
Im unsure what as to were I really need to go from here. I know I need a ESC BEC Servo tester and power supply. Ive been doing some reading.
What size power supply do I get?
what size esc do I get?
Now this is ovboisly a cheap china motor . Should i open it up and upgrade anything like bearing , rewing the motor beter for my aplication maybe use better wire? Upgrade the madnets in it.
Once I install the motor I would like to be done.
I dont need the best of the best.
Thanks for the help
Mark

Old 02-18-2012, 03:57 PM
matty_p80

Default RE: RC Motor help

why would you need the bec and servo tester? they are only relevant if you are using servos? the bec is a drop down device for the power delivered to the servos!

is it a mains powered machine? if so you'll need a transformer to drop the voltage for the motor!

it is an outrunner so to change the magnets, you'd have to take the windings off!!

are you really sure this is suitable for your application?

Matty
Old 02-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Arich0908

Default RE: RC Motor help

Read this thread , many people all over the net use theese motor with that combo I listed for use with cnc /mill spindles.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1175772&page=4 post 53

Im not sure what you mean by a Main powered machine. Its a 3 axis mill . That will soon be a CNC.

Being a cheap Hong Kong motor I wanted to change the windings anyway . So Iknow its built to last. I do this I want to do it one time only.
Im thinking of buying 2 atx power supplys running them in seriers to get 24v 2000w w/ 60a .
This pretty good video to see an idea of what im doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXKXQSwQ&feature=related