Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

For beginner Helicopters hate Coaxal

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

For beginner Helicopters hate Coaxal

Old 02-23-2012, 02:26 PM
denodan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For beginner Helicopters hate Coaxal

I have a cheap Coaxal RC Helicopters, I hate them, they are to limiting anf hopless in the wind. On You Tube have seen demos of Coaxal and fixed pitch helicopers and both types maybe easier to fly, but so limited when they can be used and are no good unless there is no wind, so being, able to practice flying is very limited indeed.

Find the Coaxal not as fun as the ARcDrone, and Blade MQX quad copter, the coaxal just lacks the ablity to manover well.

Been looking at the Blade 450, and getting the Spektrum DX6i, which can also be used with my Blade MQX, and was the reason I order one as the Spektrum makes the Blade MQX easier to fly.

Also just got the Phoenix RC Flight sim.

After seeing results flying Flixed pitch and coaxal I think for the beginner they maybe not the best.

The collective veriable pitch maybe harder to fly, but much more rewarding, also read the bigger the copter the more steady.

Since I am getting the Spectrum DX6i, thought may as well get a RC flight sim, and get used to the Blade MQX why not get a good helicopter as well to make use of the Spectrum.

But am totally unimpressed by fixed pitch and Coaxal, their preformance from what I have seen is poor, and would have thought these where made for people who did not want to take the time to learn to fly a helicopter.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: For beginner Helicopters hate Coaxal

Coaxial and fixed pitch do have their limitations(coaxial more so than fixed pitch). However, flying indoors with no wind just to practice orientation, they are ideal. You can practice on a 170.00 mSR til you are blue in the face....crash a million times....and you are still out 170.00. Even if you replace a 2 dollar part here or there you can get the needed muscle memory in your fingers to be better equiped to fly a collective pitch heli. Me personally...Ilearned on a flight sim....a Raptor 50(nitro)....and the mSR to practice indoors and it has worked out well.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:08 AM
youngb87

BIG plus on the Sim. Nothing better than learning orientation on a sim then on the real thing. Moving onto collective pitch definitely add to the axis difficulty. With higher head speeds, things get a little more sensitive (as far as up and down go). Bad things can happen in a hurry too.
I just bought the Blade 450 RTF with transmitter and all a little bit ago. For transitioning, it very good! Especially with the programmable TX. You can soften it up a little if you need. Parts aren’t too expensive but there not cheaply made either. In my opinion it’s perfect to learn on and will last you the entire learning curve.
As far as fixed pitch and coaxial go…… they are what they are.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:11 AM
youngb87

And another thing, if you haven't heard of it, a couple great websites for learning and knowledge is:

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/

and

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html