Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

V912 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:50 PM
dotydogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V912 Questions

Hi I just got my V912 over the weekend and I am having a blast with it, and it is very strong I let my wife fly it and three times now she has got it in a tree and fell damn far and still runs like a champ only a few paint scrapes on the canopy. Anyway my questions are:

How long has your V912 motor lasted I have read that they only last around 15 flights. If that is true what is a perfect replacement motor for this.

I am looking for some rubber landing skid dampers does anyone have any on theirs and if so what size and where did you find yours

Please write back I love this helicopter and if there is any helicopter like this that you would rather prefer let me know.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Random Person

My helicopter just arrived today, and the (tail rotor) motor has burnt out already, and I really don't know why. Even before it burnt out, it wouldn't fly properly. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with it, but I'm not sure what.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:33 AM
john comp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi i have had my v912 a little over 3 mounths with no sign of the motor
going, i did get a additional battery.
what i'm having trouble with is getting it to trim.
it want to lean left on takeoff and the trim adjustments dont do much .
Old 02-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Hedgewarden

Originally Posted by john comp
Hi i have had my v912 a little over 3 mounths with no sign of the motor
going, i did get a additional battery.
what i'm having trouble with is getting it to trim.
it want to lean left on takeoff and the trim adjustments dont do much .
It is normal for most (all?) FP helis to want to slide to the left on take-off. That is caused by the ground effect. Watch videos and most pilots don't even try to compensate - they just boost up above ground effect quickly. I like to apply right aerilon for a brief time during take-off to avoid the side slide.

You may also notice a slight tilt to the right while hovering above ground effect. Again, normal. There is an explanation at http://www.helicopterpage.com/html/forces.html.

These effects will reverse right or left depending on the direction of the main rotor spin.