Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

First flight with Blade 120 SR

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

First flight with Blade 120 SR

Old 12-27-2013, 06:34 AM
mauog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First flight with Blade 120 SR

Hi all,
today I flown for the my very first time with an helicopter.
I was able to take off but not to hover.
I think it is normal for a very beginner.
Anyway I realized that the heli after it took off it started to go around in circles wider and wider.
Is there any setting I can tune to avoid this behavior?
Moreover, despite I can bind easily the heli with the DX6i, when I switch off the 120SR I lost the bind and I have to re-bind it again.
Do you have any suggestion?

Thank You

Regards

M.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Hedgewarden

In my experience, turning off either the rx or tx will require you to rebind when turned back on. That is necessary to allow flexible rx-tx pairing, i.e. any compatible rx-tx pair can be bound together for a flight.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Swaggerjacker

Originally Posted by mauog
Hi all,
today I flown for the my very first time with an helicopter.
I was able to take off but not to hover.
I think it is normal for a very beginner.
Anyway I realized that the heli after it took off it started to go around in circles wider and wider.
Is there any setting I can tune to avoid this behavior?
Moreover, despite I can bind easily the heli with the DX6i, when I switch off the 120SR I lost the bind and I have to re-bind it again.
Do you have any suggestion?

Thank You

Regards

M.
Hi,
I own a 120 SR. I'm still not in love with it. I had the same problem as you. It's called TBE, or toilet bowl effect. Use common household oil like 3-in-1 to loosen up the metal parts. I also widened the the bones so they aren't tight on the ball joints. Be careful with that. Don't touch the swash-plate push-rods. They fit perfectly.Trim as best you can. I hear it flies much better with a decent radio. The included Tx is a piece of crap. I still use it while I wait for a module to bind it to my Taranis Tx. The TBE isn't as prominent now. Actually it's almost gone. I know oiling it sounds silly, but try it. It really helps. I also swapped out the stock motor for an Extreme RC one, along with a metal head, and a carbon fiber flybar. Probably overkill, but It's personal now. Get yourself a WLToys V911 and fly the crap out of it! It will teach you a lot about flying helis. Oh, they bounce very well.

Good Luck

Steve
Old 02-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Swaggerjacker

I've flown the V911 and the V912 almost exclusively. I own a Wasp X3V (It's collective pitch). Today I flew the Wasp for the second time, instead of just hovering it. First flight I crashed it into a wall. Minor damage. Flew figure eights and circuits. The 911 and 912 prepared me for that.I haven't used a simulator up to this point for the helicopters. Mind you, I have Fixed wing experience, and can fly some 3D with same. A Lot of sim time with planes.

Get a Heli sim and the V911, and you're golden.

Steve