Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Happy new year ....and HELP!

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Happy new year ....and HELP!

Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 PM
DolphinLover30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy new year ....and HELP!

Hello, Well I am upgrading from total indoor flying with SYMA S107 to either a Double Horse 9104(on side note curious as why the DH 9116 is considered a 450 series when it is smaller than the 9104 by a long shot?) or WL Toys V913.
Which is a better choice as that is my budget limit for one as I have spent the cash already for this:
http://www.scaleflying.com/Bell-222-...uct_p_778.html

Airwolf!!!

Most of the online reviews for both of these are equally divided pros and cons except my own lack of familiarity of 3 channel or 3.5 channel and 4 channel.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:28 PM
karlik

Just to clarify - do you intend to put that airwolf fuselage on the 9104 or the V913???
Old 01-02-2014, 04:12 PM
DolphinLover30

Either one that I get, dimensions of each are within the tolerance of fit as well as weight for either heli. already asked several times over at the fuselage website with positive answers. 400 and 450 series size difference is main rotors, can get those as well but the stock will have enough lift as well as the motors are strong enough to support.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:54 PM
karlik

Since nobody else has replied, I'll throw in my two cents.
Don't put a hundred dollar fuse on a 3 channel. You're limited to up/down, forward/back, and tail rotate. That fuse will increase the surface area by a bunch, and the slightest breeze will toss it all over. You have to have some side to side control.

I'm really not crazy about putting that fuse on a the 4 channel v913. I put a clear plastic fuse on a ufly (300 size 4 channel fixed pitch with a brushless motor). Only a very gentle breeze, but it was a real handfull to control. That 400 size fuse will have a bigger surface area so a breeze will have even more effect, and it's heavier so your brushed motor will have more trouble reacting to changes.

Work up to it slow - get total control of the heli first, then add dead weight to get a feel for that does to it, then try it with the fuse in ideal no wind conditions.

Take videos so we can watch your progress.

http://youtu.be/ZSmDvB0sVEs