Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Which 6ch should i get?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Which 6ch should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:46 PM
MarkGnarsby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 6ch should i get?

I've been flying a Wltoys V911 4ch heli for about a year now and its fun but its getting old. I want something 6ch but I don't want to spend and arm and a leg? Should i start with a small scale or should i just go to a 450/500? Also which one should I get I got a friend who swears by blade so I've been looking at some is that the right way to go or no? Thanks!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a lot of opinions on which way to go. Me personally, I would not go directly to a 450/500 size helicopter. I would start with something like a Blade Nano CP....small helicopter that should be durable. If you crash you won't spend an arm and leg on parts. I have the Blade mCPX V2 and I have crashed that thing many times where nothing broke at all. It's small like the Nano so I imagine the Nano is just as durable. I don't think they make the mCPX anymore but you can still get them and there are parts available all over also. I often call my mCPX a real life simulator because you can crash it and keep flying. Speaking of simulators...do you have one? It sure helps learning collective pitch flying if you do. Also, which you probably already know....the bigger the heli the more expensive if and when you crash.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:24 PM
MarkGnarsby

Yeah I've been thinking of investing in a simulator. And yeah I think Im gonna go small so i can fly indoors cause right now outdoor flying is not an option up here in NY as its always windy and snowing.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Griffin2020

The simulator would be a good aid, but do not expect to be able to walk into the CP machine without ever crashing.
The issue I see with transitioning to a nano machine is that they tend to be twitchy, since there is very little mass.
That is also an advantage when crashing.

I started with a Blade 450 3d (not made any more, but you can still find them).
It is a 3d capable flybar machine.
One advantage of a slightly larger machine is that when something breaks, it is easier to get into the heli to fix it. Sometimes the nanos can be a PIA to repair.

Last edited by Griffin2020; 01-02-2015 at 07:57 AM. Reason: add further info.