Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

MCPX v2 skid

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 07:57 PM
sideoftheroad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCPX v2 skid

I am brand new to heli's. Tonight was the 1st night I ever attempted to fly. In the process I broke a couple skids. Anyone know of replacements that are better than stock as those seem flimsy. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:11 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a mCPX v2 also and breaking skids is kind of rare unless you have a bad crash on a hard surface. I don't know of any around that are sturdier. I don't know where you fly but I always fly over grass and I very seldom break anything even in hard crashes. If you know you are going to crash be sure to throttle down. Once you get the hang of it you will love that little heli.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:14 AM
Real2You

One other thing I will add....a lot of times during crashes the main gear on the bottom of the heli will slip down on the shaft...you have to move that gear back up on the shaft or the heli will not lift off. You will spool up and the heli will kind of sit there like there is no positive pitch. This has happened to me quite a few times and I just "pop" that gear back up in place and all is good.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:53 AM
sideoftheroad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at an indoor event and they had artificial turf because it is an indoor baseball training facility that is rented out at night on the weekends during winter. Being new I dropped the throttle quite a bit when I felt it was getting away from me or just crashing from not knowing orientation yet. I have 2 MCPx's and broke both skids. I found some skids on eBay which are KDBB brand. I also found some carbon fiber ones. There's one I really like from xtreme production. Couldn't find them on eBay and helidirect had them out of stock. The extreme production site seemed to be down earlier today but I was on it last night.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Real2You

I can see where flying over a harder surface would break the skids. I always fly over tall grass so it's like a cushion and I very seldom ever break anything. These little helicopters are so light that they seem flimsy....but they do seem to hold up well in a crash because of that low weight.