Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Hello, is anyone there?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hello, is anyone there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 09:22 PM
toglhot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, is anyone there?

Hello, anyone there? anyone at all.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:08 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I'll bite........

There is people here, but without a question asked, they are all going to read and move on as indicated by the "Views" counter.

Rafael
Old 05-21-2015, 03:46 PM
toglhot

Yes I posted a question before but got no answers I notice someone else with the same heli also asked a question and no one answered him either, except for me that is, but as I'm having difficulties as well I don't think my answer is going to do him much good.

So that leaves two options,

one: either there is heli snobbery involved, ie, our helis are cheap and therefore not worthy of an answer,, or

two: there is no one here.

As you have answered my question I guess that rules out number two.

I think the guy with the same heli as me has moved on, time for me to move on too I think, no help from you lot...

I noticed this forum doesn't have too many members - I wonder why?

I also notice there are very few answers to any posts, I guess that's in answer to #1

What a waste of space!.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:47 PM
rotordoc1

Originally Posted by toglhot
Yes I posted a question before but got no answers I notice someone else with the same heli also asked a question and no one answered him either, except for me that is, but as I'm having difficulties as well I don't think my answer is going to do him much good.

So that leaves two options,

one: either there is heli snobbery involved, ie, our helis are cheap and therefore not worthy of an answer,, or

two: there is no one here.

As you have answered my question I guess that rules out number two.

I think the guy with the same heli as me has moved on, time for me to move on too I think, no help from you lot...

I noticed this forum doesn't have too many members - I wonder why?

I also notice there are very few answers to any posts, I guess that's in answer to #1

What a waste of space!.
Or could it simply be that maybe your heli is not all that popular, so nobody in this forum has one, therefore nobody here has experience with it. Consequently nobody here can properly answer your or the other fellows questions.

I have been flying helis from many different manufacturers for over 30 years and have never heard of your particular model, that is why I did not post anything related to your questions.

Last edited by rotordoc1; 05-25-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:22 AM
toglhot

You've been flying RCs for 30 years and never heard of MJX - the mind bogles. Presumably WLtoys name wouldn't ring a bell either. Snobbery at it's best.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:36 AM
rotordoc1

You've been flying RCs for 30 years and never heard of MJX - the mind bogles. Presumably WLtoys name wouldn't ring a bell either. Snobbery at it's best.
Please explain how not knowing about an MJX/MLtoys company can be construed as snobbery?
Old 05-25-2015, 03:45 PM
toglhot

How do you explain common sense?
Old 05-25-2015, 04:09 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The helicopters you referenced are more toy-grade not hobby-grade. Built just good enough to work but when something breaks you are down for weeks waiting for a part from china and forget about any support from the companies. A hobby-grade machine is a little different. Yes a little more expensive but better engineered/built and parts are readily available at you LHS. You get what you pay for
Also you might get further along if you refrain from insulting others here just because they don't have a toy-grade heli. Oh and yes I did have a WLToys machine once just to see what it was like and I was not impressed. Just a cheap copy of another better built design.
Good luck.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This forum has helped me quite a bit the last 3 or 4 years. I read every post here in the beginners section because I too was a beginner a few years ago and I appreciated the help. I think one of the problems is.....rc helicopters are becoming very popular and there are A LOT of different brands where as probably 10 years ago there were a lot less brands. I do agree with rotordoc in that a lot of views...but not a lot of replies mean people just aren't familiar with the heli type. I have heard of some of the brands...but can't answer any questions unless it's one of the heli's I fly. I hope you are able to find answers because I know how frustrating it is to want to fly and not be able to because of "this or that". Snobbery? Nahhhhhhhh......just a lot of beginners in the same boat as you trying to learn.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:22 AM
toglhot

One thing I have noticed about RCers is they are very snobbish: if you're not flying the latest and greatest in RCs they don't want to know about it. Most RC forums are the same, stupid comments like 'you get what you pay for' and 'more toy-grade not hobby-grade', do nothing for newcomers.

'You are down for weeks waiting for a part from china'. Now that's a very silly comment, sure I have to wait weeks for parts, but if I had a Blade, Walkera, Align, Goblin, whatever, I'd still be waiting weeks, at least here where I live. The thing is though, I can get any parts I need and because it's my first RC heli I'll probably need lots. Most of the hobby shops in my city only have one or two 'hobby grade' helis but plenty of 'toy helis'. As for parts for any of them, toys or hobby, perhaps blades or batteries at greatly inflated prices of course, far more than you'd pay online from China, a no brainer for me where I'd prefer to buy my parts; but, like I said 'how do you explain common sense'.

I've only just gotten interested in RC helis in the last month or so, but I'd bet I've heard of most brands and most definitely read about them - toy or hobby grade! Probably because I don't suffer from toy/hobby or brand snobbery! Doesn't matter though, I've actually found another forum, still snobbish, but at least helpful, the other fellow with the MJX has obviously moved on too! No further input from him - I wonder why?

You don't need to actually own a copter of the same brand to offer advice, faults and checklists are universal not brand dependent! Unfortunately newcomers aren't privy to such information, that's why they ask questions on forums like this....
Old 05-27-2015, 06:49 AM
Rafael23cc

Originally Posted by rotordoc1
Please explain how not knowing about an MJX/MLtoys company can be construed as snobbery?
How do you explain common sense?
It would give us a great deal of information if you actually answered this question, instead of convoluting the issue with another question. What does common sense have to do with this?

One thing I have noticed about RCers is they are very snobbish: if you're not flying the latest and greatest in RCs they don't want to know about it. Most RC forums are the same, stupid comments like 'you get what you pay for' and 'more toy-grade not hobby-grade', do nothing for newcomers.

Although you may be correct, that those statement do nothing for newcomers, calling us snobs does nothing for you either. here is a fun fact: i've been in this hobby for over 25 years and I can ASSURE you that helicopter pilots are the most helpful of all aspects of this hobby. You just need to ask.

You don't need to actually own a copter of the same brand to offer advice, faults and checklists are universal not brand dependent! Unfortunately newcomers aren't privy to such information, that's why they ask questions on forums like this....
It is actually very valuable to get advise from someone that owns the same helicopter as you do. Although your logic about faults and checklists is not too far from the truth, the reality is that your particular helicopter has no mechanical parts and everything is controlled by a single control board. As you yourself found out before with your coaxial, changing the ENTIRE board is the fix for most of your problems. A motor with low power can be caused by so many reasons that it will be almost impossible to diagnose without prior experience with that exact model.

For the benefit of the discussion at hand, here are a few probable causes of low power on mini electric helis:
1. low battery voltage.
2. excessive friction on motor shaft
3. loose pinion gear
4. loose main gear
5. damaged motor
6. damaged speed control
7. excessive friction on main shaft
8. improperly calibrated speed control
9. improperly programmed transmitter
10. improperly calibrated transmitter

Hope that gets you started.
Rafael
Old 05-27-2015, 04:55 PM
toglhot

You just need to ask??? Now that is a ridiculous statement! I did ask a question - remember??? Hence this thread.

Quite obviously you have put some effort into researching my previous posts. Shame you couldn't put the same effort into providing assistance when I asked..

It's also a shame how nobody here oould put as much effort into providing assistance as they have in assuring me what a helpful bunch you are.

"You just need to ask' - extraordinary statement, absolutely extraordinary...
Old 05-28-2015, 02:48 AM
flyinwalenda

Nowhere in this thread did you ask a specific question about a helicopter.
Nobody should have to hunt for some other thread to see where you asked a question.....if you want people to know/help ,post a link to the other thread.
You talk about "putting in the effort" , well you now have a list of things to check on your helicopter and what have you done so far? Continue to throw a temper tantrum . What are you truly looking for here ?

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 05-28-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:04 AM
toglhot

"Nowhere in this thread did you ask a specific question about a helicopter."
Yep, you are quite correct; but, I did say this thread was as a result of a question I did ask, what part of that don't you understand?

"Nobody should have to hunt for some other thread to see where you asked a question"
And yet you hunted around to find other questions I'd asked, why was that?

"
You talk about "putting in the effort" , well you now have a list of things to check on your helicopter and what have you done so far?
Well I've solved the problem, and like I said, I found another forum where members are a little more helpful, what part of that didn't you understand?

'
Continue to throw a temper tantrum'
No temper tantrums here, just pointing out some truths. Judging by the responses it would seem you are throwing a tantrum, how old are you? Five...

"
What are you truly looking for here ?"
I'm not 'truly' looking for anything here. It would appear there is nothing worthwhile finding here (certainly not any help at least), except maybe some entertainment! That aside, who are you really trying to convince what a helpful lot you are - me or you? If it's me, you have failed miserably there I'm afraid, if it's you; well you don't need to do that, it would appear you are already convinced!

Old 05-28-2015, 04:16 AM
bignuggets

Maybe we don't like you?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:16 AM
toglhot

Ah, so that's it, who would have guessed? You shouldn't have kept that from me, after all I didn't keep it from you.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:51 AM
Rafael23cc

You just need to ask??? Now that is a ridiculous statement! I did ask a question - remember??? Hence this thread.

Quite obviously you have put some effort into researching my previous posts. Shame you couldn't put the same effort into providing assistance when I asked..

It's also a shame how nobody here oould put as much effort into providing assistance as they have in assuring me what a helpful bunch you are.

"You just need to ask' - extraordinary statement, absolutely extraordinary...
Now you are being obnoxious and belligerent. You yourself referenced the question, and you have a grand total of 13 posts over half of them insulting us. It wasn't hard.

Good luck in your endeavors. you are being honored with an INGORE button.

Rafael
Old 05-28-2015, 02:05 PM
rotordoc1

My father taught me long ago that I would be happier if I ignored people who demonstrate themselves to be "rectums". This certainly seems to be the case here Rafael. Toglhot has definitely demonstrated his rectal character here. So I choose to ignore him.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:40 PM
toglhot

And yet, you are both still here... What's really interesting though is you hurl abuse, call me unsavoury names and then call me belligerent and obnoxious, what extraordinary people people you are!

I'll choose not to ignore, can't wait to witness your next tantrum!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:40 PM
flyinwalenda

Carry on wayward son.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:23 PM
toglhot

Ok thanks I will!