Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Looking for my first 4ch helicopter.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Looking for my first 4ch helicopter.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Drsmiley72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for my first 4ch helicopter.

Hello, nice to meet you all. Few questions. Sorry in advance for the small wall of text. Tldr at bottom of needed.

When I was younger I really loved rc helicopters. I had a few cheapo ones growing up. And my dad's neighbor had a nice gas powered one that I watched him fly at the park all the time as a kid. That was... 20 years ago.

Fast forward to now. I've owned 2 rc helicopters. Both cheap little 3 or 3.5 like... 30/40$ helis, one long lost and the most recent my tail broke while moving. But Christmas came around and its been about 3 years since I've had one. Seeing a few in the mall reminded me how much fun I had and that I wanted a new one. But this time I dodged the impulse of the cheap chopper.

Looking up videos and info for the last week and a half I've come across Atleast some knowledge and useful stuff. And I've come to the conclusion that for my first "good" rc helicopter I should be looking into getting a 4 channel one or, depending on how hard it really is, a 6channel.

Tldr; help me get what helicopter I should for being fairly new.

Questions ahead.

So I have around 150 or so, and am wondering.

Should I go with a 4 channel or 6 channel?

How hard are they compared to each other?

And, of course, what do you guys think is the best should go for with my price range?
Band/channel/size.

I'm honestly not too concerned about size. I don't want it tiny, or micro. But something that can handle outside.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Airkrow316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there confused buyer lol , about a month ago my father brought me his old air hogs rc heli and i loved it but it just wasn't enough for me so i was doing much the same as you are looking up as much info as my brain would allow me soak up in one day but when i came to it i didn't know jack poopy about rc heli's and so a week or two goes by and my soon to be wife tells me that she will buy me one as long i keep it under 100 bills not bad i thought so i searched and searched then the dead line date came and i picked one it is a 4ch not to bad on the wallet 40 bills she thought oh boy i give you a hundred and you buy a cheap pos well its been three days and millions of crashes i did get the extra repalcement parts as well good thing i lost buckle and couldn't fly for a day but back to present it is a double horse 9116 from amazon its not bad i really like it it fly's nice took some getting used to but my dream is a 700 size fully functional Airwolf but i went from baby to running now im going to get another soon ill be at the top where i wanna be hope this helps you out some

Airkrow316