Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Help needed with hubs for new tires

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Help needed with hubs for new tires

Old 02-21-2016, 10:22 AM
S-Tabmas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with hubs for new tires

Hello everyone, I have just recently got into rc cars and have learned a lot considering I knew nothing before I started a month ago. But one thing that is baffling me is trying to figure out how to correctly install larger tires and wheels on my feIyue desert eag?e-3. I have seen this vehicle run properly with scx10 tires on it. I did not have those available but do have a set of four tires from a maIsto rock crawler 3xl that I would love to put on. Same size as the scx10 tires.

My question is in how to do it. I planned on using the wheels from the maIsto rock crawler tires in just straight swapping out wheel for wheel. The maIsto wheels are plastic with different size hubs but I can still attach them using the axle and nut from the desert eagle. The problem is when I tighten it up the wheels are so tight they will not turn properly and even when they do turn they begin to twist and bend the axle pins. I cannot attach the rims using the hubs from the eagle 3 as the nut will not bolt with it on. Not enough length on the axle shaft.

Is there some kind of extensions I can use on the axle so I can attach the nut to the bolt?Or am I completely missing something here and not using the right hardware? Any ideasto iget me on the right track with attaching the new wheels would be greatly appreciated!

Still getting used to the forums. Just realized this was posted in the complete wrong section. Would love it kindly if a moderator would put this where it belongs!

Last edited by S-Tabmas; 02-21-2016 at 11:28 AM. Reason: wrong section in forums