Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Where to start

Old 03-21-2016, 02:43 AM
firstflight123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start

Hi All,

I'm new to this hobby and an looking to get my first Heli, I initially thought that a blade msr or similar RTF would be the way to go. However after making a few calls to various retailers I have been advised to go bigger e.g Blade 230 s RTF. What do you guys think of this suggestion?
I have also been invited to visit the local club grounds to to learn more ,which I intend to do as soon as the weather is a bit kinder .
My only reservation with the info so far,I do not know at this point how far I will go with this hobby and to get started with any of the bigger helicopters and radios etc calls for an initial significant investment compared to say a micro heli's.

One of the people I spoke to said that I was basically wasting my time and money with these smaller crafts and radios, as ultimately they do not really compare to the bigger heli's ! and often more difficult to master.i look forward to any advise you may have.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:13 PM
poison

Well good thing about smaller is it can take more crashes and less money to repair. Bad thing is they are harder to fly than a bigger helicopter. The 230 would be a good choice because of the level flight bail out switch. I have a trex 500 with a ikon flybarless unit on it and it has a level switch on it and I can be upside down and hit that switch and boom level and back up right. Man how I would LOVE to have that cheat when I was learning few years ago, so with that said getting into this hobby is much easier now because hey you going to spend some money but look at all the features are out there now for beginners. So I would say go with the 230 just my opion and it comes rtf.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:15 PM
poison

Forgot to say welcome to the hobby!!
Old 04-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Snowmonkey69

Do you know which wires go to which channels on a blade 400 with a tactic receiver ?
Old 04-24-2016, 02:39 PM
poison

Well usually the esc signal wire goes to throttle which is typically channel 3 that give you power and if your not sure what channel does what. I would plug elevator servo in one channel see if it's the right channel if it is leave it than I plug pitch servo which is aux on my spektrum receiver and so on. My receiver I think as 2 aux"s one is pitch other one is gyro than my signal wire is plugged into my gear channel. Hope any of this helps you. Just be carful not to plug anything in backwards power wires mainly. It stinks when you see smoke I know been there before plugged a battery in wrong not paying attention pop goes my bank account but you got keep going that ms life sometimes it blows up in your face but we keep going good luck to you.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Snowmonkey69

Thank you i figured it out after shortly getting this message.