Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

CRASH, this sucks , first time out

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

CRASH, this sucks , first time out

Old 10-05-2003, 04:53 PM
djtalon
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRASH, this sucks , first time out

I need some help to figure this one out PLEASE. I just aquired a raptor 30 with a .46 engine and a csg 360 gyro. I installed the co-pilot this week prior to ever using the heli and i made my way down to the vacant field today. Unfirtunaly i was not successful, i could not get the tail to stop spinning. I have a csg 360 head hold gyro, does anybody have any problems with these gyro's? I bought the heli used so i have no history of it. I am very discouraged at this point, not sure if i should throw away the gyro, i just dont want to get rid of it if it is a good gyro. Any ideas? Any recomendations for a good gyro?

ps i blew the tail rotor to pieces! My own fault i should have stopped because i knew somthing was wrong.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:15 PM
jwoolridge

Default RE: CRASH, this sucks , first time out

Sounds like your gyro is reversed. If you've never flown before get help from a expirienced pilot.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:10 AM
`3D
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CRASH, this sucks , first time out

You should be able to hover without the gyro. Trim the bird without the gyro, then engage it.