Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

What makes Raptor 30 V2 is not for beginner ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

What makes Raptor 30 V2 is not for beginner ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 02:35 AM
HeliKing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What makes Raptor 30 V2 is not for beginner ?

Hi,

I am new on this hobby (never piloted one) now I am in the proccess of searching of the best ( but not expensive < us$ 1,000 ready to fly) rc helicopter.
Anyone can help me to explain why raptor 30 V2 is not for the beginner ( as I read from the specification on the internet ) ?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2003, 04:13 AM
KiwiPilot

Default RE: What makes Raptor 30 V2 is not for beginner ?

The Raptor is one of the best 30 size machines on the market for a beginner.

Not only is it fairly stable but it is also 3-D capable (ideal for when you advance)

Do you have a weblink to the article you saw?
Old 12-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

The bigger a heli is the more stable and easy to see it will be, so the big ones are potentially the best for training. the only thing that makes the smaller helis more popular for training is the cost. if you crash a 30 size raptor while learning to hover it will probably cost 50-60 $ US to fix it. if you crash a Fury, it will probably cost 200-300$ to fix it.

The most cost/performance effective helis will be a matter of personal choice, for me the Raptor 50 is an excelent choice. it is based on the frame of the 30 so the parts are still cheap, but being a 50 it has more power and uses bigger blades so it flies better. The Hirobo Sceadu is also available in a 50 size and is welll spoken of too. have a look at your local hobby shops and see what they carry parts for. having local parts supply is very nice.

The lowest cost good quality trainer is probably the Century Hawk it uses only small 30 size motors, so you will outgrow it, but it is also a very popular choice.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Spaceman Spiff

Be sure to find someone with experience to help you set it up and get you started. Helis are a blast but they are a pain and even quite dangerous for beginners. a Good simulator like Real Flight G2 is highly recomended, it will save you some money and take years off the learning curve.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:17 AM
HeliKing

Thanks for the reply,

But still I don't understand (I was my mistake, I should mentioned that what I mean is the different between raptor 30 and 30 V2). So what makes raptor 30 V2 and 30 different ?

I went to folder product guide of this web site and compared raptor 30 with raptor V2. The only different is the flying skill. Beginner and intermediate for raptor 30, intermediate and advance for raptor 30 V2.

What I have in my mind now, if raptor 30 V2 provides more advantages (in the future) than raptor 30, I will buy raptor 30 V2 with the training gear, co-pilot and the buffer (thanks for millions of information available in the internet, last week I know nothing about RC heli, today a lot of information I got from the internet about it).

Getting an experianced RC pilot to assist me is a problem for me since I am working in the middle of the dessert somewhere in Abu Dhabi.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Spaceman Spiff

the Raptor V1 is the original heli, the V2 is the new version of the same heli.

The differences are the body is a different style, they made the frame wider to accept a bigger fuel tank, and there are only a few minor changes. parts are still avalible for the V1, but they do not make V1 kits anymore. it is better to get the V2 because parts will continue to be available for a long time. Raptors are the most popular heli made. I have 2 of the Raptor 50's.

A good source for information on Raptors is www.raptortechnique.com