Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Novice.....tough!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Robertwav1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novice.....tough!

I just started this hobby....and went straight to an electric indoor heli. I only had it a week or so. I do the flight sim as often as i can. I thought about this for a year before I actually got into it. I love it. I'm not good at it....but....the challenge is there for sure. My question to all you vets out there is.....how long till I am able to master this thing? I try everyday...with some success but can't get more then 10 -15 seconds of flight before I lose it. Now I know what they mean when they say it's one of the hardest things to fly. Certainly not anything like "Team Apache", the game. My plans are for building a 30 size after I can fly this thing....sound like the right direction? Any input appreciated!
Old 02-04-2004, 01:57 PM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: Novice.....tough!

What you're up against is that your indoor heli is harder to fly than a larger outdoor nitro powered heli. If you master in indoor one, then the outdoor one should be a piece of cake.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:09 PM
aurin

I agree indoor heli are hard work. I had one could never keep in one place. Got Raptor 50 now so easy to hover.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:18 AM
Robertwav1

That sounds promising. I'll get this thing....spent two hours on it last night and did a little better. Not breakin' any more blades anyway. Also softer landings....keeping it intact. Well thanks for the input on the outdoor models. I'll take a look at the Raptor50.